Another dole question (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 2
Well, there's my application fucked. When i got my first job in college, i'd lost my RSI number so rang the tax office. They gave me a number which, as it turns out, wasn't my original, has my name and address, but my brother's date of birth. After a few phone calls it looks straight forward to clean up, but i'm guessing my application will be held up while the government investigates me for PPS fraud in light of the prime time program the other night. Balls anyways.

Thats really bad, at least it can be sorted out. Have you been paying your brothers tax in effect so? You'd think it would have shown up on a p60 review if he ever got a tax rebate. they must have very little use for pps numbers in terms of crossing checking identities.

that sucks, rsj

the pps number is the reference they use when assessing what tax has been paid, it's not the date of birth

before the electronic time, we now live in, the handwritten pps numbers on the p35 the employer files have caused problems a person with say a pps number 1234567J could be filed by revenue as being tax paid on 7234561T for example.

IFF - i realise the date of birth isn't a big deal, just that the dude at the dole office obviously thought he had a case of dole fraud on his hands. He suggested myself and my brother were both using the same number, which turns out not to be the case. Basically my real number (number A) has never been used, i've been using the mystery number (number B) and i think, as my entire employment/tax/prsi history is on B, they're going to cancel A, fix the DOB on B and give me my dole on B. It's all a bit dicky.

Is that rule just new in?
A few people I know got it without previously renting.
Don't know if different areas have different criteria but in the Fingal area you need to be on the housing list to be eligible for rent allowance.

Is that rule just new in?
A few people I know got it without previously renting.
Don't know if different areas have different criteria but in the Fingal area you need to be on the housing list to be eligible for rent allowance.

It came in with the last budget(not the one just gone). dunno what the story is with the housing list outside of Dublin but it's the same story in Rialto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back