animated gif thread (4 Viewers)

bZcRPFL.gif

Got Columbia in the office draw. Wonder where this goalie is these days

soccer-save-gif-2.gif

moidered!

except it seems he wasn't, always thought he was.

but

Higuita was imprisoned in 1993 after getting involved in a kidnapping. Acting as a go-between for the drug barons Pablo Escobar and Carlos Molina, he was largely responsible for securing the release of Molina's daughter by delivering the ransom money. He received $64,000 for his services, which breaks Colombian law as it is an offence to profit from a kidnapping. He was incarcerated for seven months before being released without charge. Commenting on the case, he has stated that "I'm a footballer, I didn't know anything about kidnapping laws."[13] In the documentary The Two Escobars however, it was claimed he was imprisoned due to a personal visit to Pablo Escobar, in prison due to the fact that they questioned Higuita only about Pablo Escobar rather than the kidnapping itself.[14][15]

moidered!

except it seems he wasn't, always thought he was.

but

Higuita was imprisoned in 1993 after getting involved in a kidnapping. Acting as a go-between for the drug barons Pablo Escobar and Carlos Molina, he was largely responsible for securing the release of Molina's daughter by delivering the ransom money. He received $64,000 for his services, which breaks Colombian law as it is an offence to profit from a kidnapping. He was incarcerated for seven months before being released without charge. Commenting on the case, he has stated that "I'm a footballer, I didn't know anything about kidnapping laws."[13] In the documentary The Two Escobars however, it was claimed he was imprisoned due to a personal visit to Pablo Escobar, in prison due to the fact that they questioned Higuita only about Pablo Escobar rather than the kidnapping itself.[14][15]

Ha Jesus! I wasn't expecting that!

Wasn't one of their lads murdered for scoring an own goal in the 1994 world cup. Or is that an urban myth..?

Not an urban myth, Escobar was shot not long after he scored an own goal. Can't remember much else about it but it definitely happened.

The poor fella

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not an urban myth, Escobar was shot not long after he scored an own goal. Can't remember much else about it but it definitely happened.

The narcos were all wrapped up in the soccer teams at the time and it was an extremely violent time in Colombia.
Pablo had been killed the year before and there was a new lawlessness in Medellin as there was no big boss.
Gamblers lost big on Colombia in the Romania and USA games and there were death threats.
After returning many of the team quit (Higuita had missed it because of a prison term) and the others went back to their lives.
Andres Escobar went out one night to a club and got into a shouting match (supposedly about his OG) in the car park with some local gangsters and was shot 6 times. The Gallon brothers were suspected but their bodyguard took the fall.

There is a pretty good documentary on the whole thing here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back