And another list begins... (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

The First gig you ever went to...

I saw Howard Jones at Connely Hall in Cork about 1983, met him outside and he autographed my ticket which I still have... I still have ALL my Howard Jones records...

The next week I went to see Lloyd Cole and the Commotions at the same venue and nearly caused a riot by refusing to play Lost Weekend... prick.

hrmmm - i woz a bit of a late bloomer as far as gigs go.
first gig: lír in slattery's sometime around '94 or '95

Wow that's the exact opposite of my Indoorstroke experiecnce 1984. I though WZ were possibly the most boring band I'd ever seen. And I thought Soundgarden were deadly! Played all the obscure numbers and I danced while the "kids" went home with "we can't mosh to this" faces on them.

First gig: Dalymount 1983 with Mama's Boys, Anvil, Twisted Sister, Motorhead, Black Sabbath. Me dad brought me and Krabby.

Jesus Anto, your Da had to bring yiz... I was the same age as you going to my first gig, I went with me mates... I'm hard

First gig: Sunstroke 92/93? - Dalymount - the one with sonic youth, FNM, belly etc.

and new section:
Last gig: Oxes, Giraffe Running - Last saturday - The Lobby, Cork

EDIT:

last gig was actually Arthur Lee - last sunday - The Ambassador

leonard cohen in the national stadium, er, some time in the late eighties. my mammy and daddy brought me.

it was a great gig, though i found the number of middle-aged women running up to the stage to throw roses at laughin' len a bit odd.

Originally posted by 1984
Soundgarden were SHHHite.

The worst band I have ever seen. I used to be such a big fan, particularly of the early stuff ( pre Bad Motor Finger) but they were appalling: indifferent, bored,sneering cocksuckers. My blood boils just thinking about it.

My first 'rock' gig (outside a school hall) was the '93 Heineken Rollercoaster with Blink (wankers) the Frames (fair dues) and Mike TV (deadly)

first...

probably RUBBERGUT..who then became THE DRIVEN a few months after..."Jesus loves you more if you can drive" remember?
WHIPPING BOY was probably next (the big one) - bunch of bastards though when i met em...

my first gig was the greatest gig ever. why, slayer and nuclear assault of course.

as long as you don't count planxty and all that stuff when i was a chiseller.

Originally posted by Ian
The First gig you ever went to...

I saw Howard Jones at Connely Hall in Cork about 1983, met him outside and he autographed my ticket which I still have... I still have ALL my Howard Jones records...

My mum served him a sample of cheese in Quinnsworth in Dun Laoghaire. (Funnily enough this is the second time I've posted this on a discussion board in a week, there was a Howard Jones thread on boards.ie)

My first gig was Depeche Mode in the RDS in '86. My friend Kaz who's 5 years older than me still says it's the worst gig she's ever been to, but I had nothing to compare it to so I thought it was deeeeeadly.

Worst gig thread coming up!

THE DRIVEN

Apperently, The Driven, scored an number one in Italy or France - and released an album i think as well - apperntly that is.
Think they played an acoustic set for Joe Cotter`s benifet in Limerick last Friday night.Don`t know if its the same Driven, but i assume it was...

First gig was Therapy? and Kerbdog in City Hall in Cork in '94.
I thought Kerbdog were fantastic and Therapy? weren't that great. The evening was spoiled by my mate who couldn't get it out of his head that a gig was just a disco where you pick up chicks while the music is only incedental.He proceeded to walk around the outside of the crowd and try and chat up loads of depressing looking sots, while completely ignoring the band. I, like an idiot, followed him around doing same, but I kept on getting this nagging feeling that there was something wrong with our approach to the evening.

(I found a screwdriver inside...Coooll) :D

first gig: bob marley, rds, on me ma's shoulders. no shit, she couldn't find a babysitter.

last gig: me, in my bedroom, last night. only one payer. she said it was her best gig ever.

WHA!!! i said WHA!!! go WHA! go!

REM with The Go Betweens and Shower of Creams at the RDS in 1989 . Last gig I was at is the one I'm going to very very soon. And the middle gig of all the gigs I went to was Zombie Buddy Holly at Ricks of Fake Street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back