Anarchist and Anti-Fascist Youth Collective (1 Viewer)

well i'm just using it as an example, i don't have the facts like i wasn't there. but from what i heard it was considerably successful. was it?

Hi All

Was surprised to see the proposal of setting up a youth anarchist group getting so much flak.
Speaking from personal experience when i got active i didn't have a clear political programe worked out and was just looking for a channel for my anger and enthusiasm. At the moment, as far as i can see, the only active revolutionary groups orientated towards young people are the trot youth groups and this is why they manage to get so many memebers. All to often activists then get turned off politics by these groups and drop out.
I think the idea of an anarchist youth group is a great idea and the lads and lassies should be applauded for taking it.

weeler said:
the g8 is very relevent to a discussion about setting up a local anarchist group.

I, of course, meant NOT relevent.

I said nothing but helpful things, I've been encouraging and helping these guys for a long time. Have you bookmarked the "view all posts by weeler" page tom? You do seem to love trying to "discredit" me.

weeler said:
I said nothing but helpful things, I've been encouraging and helping these guys for a long time.
from my brief, casual canter through the thread - and from my experience of your other posts about related stuff - my general impression is that your comments tend to be adversarial, sniping, petty, antagonistic, sarcastic and unhelpful.

weeler said:
Have you bookmarked the "view all posts by weeler" page tom?
no.

weeler said:
You do seem to love trying to "discredit" me.
i think you do that job quite adequately yourself.

tom. said:
from my brief, casual canter through the thread - and from my experience of your other posts about related stuff - my general impression is that your comments tend to be adversarial, sniping, petty, antagonistic, sarcastic and unhelpful.

So you didn't actually read this thread then, just assumed perhaps?

Perhaps you could go re-read it.

me said:
me and the big man will be giving the talk at this, should be informative.

me said:
Sam and Fagan are both very nice, idealistic and organised guys. The people de-repping them need to remember that these guys are still in their early teens. Cop on.

and so on..

As someone heavily involved in organising for the G8 in July I think I do have a strong position to argue against its relevence to establishing small collectives for local struggle.

This went reasonably well, good turnout and we got down a mailing list for later use. Not a whole lot discussed, John and Fin of the WSM gave nice and informative speeches on a few assorted topics-global anti capitalism and the working class struggle of irish and worldwide history.
Weeler gave us an as promised, non condescending talk on irish anarchist action since 2001 and this was proceeded with jotting down a mailing list and briefly discussing why we were there and what we hoped to advocate blah blah etc.

next meeting is planned for Janurary 7th, incl. some films too.

Kudos to the speakers, Barry for the projector and the lovely folks downstairs who served up free grub for us and the seomra sproai attendees.

Speaking of which (not all this rep crap, the bit before it), I've seen evidence of some fashy aspirations here in Sligo. Not much, just some graffiti and stickers, but still, it's bad, like...

NecroSteve said:
Speaking of which (not all this rep crap, the bit before it), I've seen evidence of some fashy aspirations here in Sligo. Not much, just some graffiti and stickers, but still, it's bad, like...
please pass on the wording/ group name if any to
Anti fascist Action
p.o. box 3355
dublin 7

or [email protected]

there are a few members of a group calling itself the celtic wolves from up that direction, probably the most likely culprits

there's a lot of fashie shit goin on in my estate, lads sprayin all sorts on the big white wall. 'save the KKK'
'heil sieg'

and loadsa nazi emblems everywhere.

fuckin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back