Anarchist and Anti-Fascist Youth Collective (1 Viewer)

Shorty said:
Though then again, if you're looking for inspiration, look to spain and not the fucking UK or USA!

Fuck Spain. Germany is where the shit is at!
The UK has some good groups tho. "Newcastle Black Bloc Group" anyone?
:D

Hmm tried to sympathy rep you there but seems I have repped you too recently.Did you get docked on at the weekend with my name signed per chance?

Shhhhh..... all this noise about rep kinda makes you look like youre contradicting yourselves.....anarchists, right?.......you're not meant to give a fuck,right?.......shhhhhhhhh........

just sayin is all.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Shhhhh..... all this noise about rep kinda makes you look like youre contradicting yourselves.....anarchists, right?.......you're not meant to give a fuck,right?.......shhhhhhhhh........

just sayin is all.

heheh I defo know who did this and I have a feeling one of them was on my account by another well known user!ninjaaaa .

Cheer up faganer Im sure it was random.

HitsLikeAGirl said:

just sayin is all.

i'd say it's more the nasty comments and the anonymous dissing of something without open debate. i'd imagine the rep is only relevant in so far as it's a medium for cowardly cynicism.

on the other hand maybe all those kids want is attention.;)
the answer?
ritalinPic.gif

DuncheeKnifed said:
i'd say it's more the nasty comments and the anonymous dissing of something without open debate. i'd imagine the rep is only relevant in so far as it's a medium for cowardly cynicism.

on the other hand maybe all those kids want is attention.;)
the answer?
ritalinPic.gif

You should be on the Bon Jovi. threadGlen is putting on a gig for yis.

yeah gotta say even though i may be cynical at times it's pretty shitty to be docking someone rep points because of stuff like this, if someone doesnt like the idea surely they should just post and wahey! we could have some actual discourse which seems to be missing. I agree with weeler in saying that it's crap that people who are pretty young (don't wanna sound old n all) are getting shit for trying to do owt. If ya feel all weird and cynical about things like meself ya should just shut it:D

La La said:
I think it's too formal, too set and with such a blatant name it could attract a lot of negative attention. (is that going to be the name of it?) Even putting it up here on a monitered site is a bit mad. I'm very paranoid, you must understand.
I came to my own conclusions about anarchy by myself, while i'm not clued up on it like whoever or organising these groups, I know that I am an independent/individual anarchist and i enjoy the freedom of being able to choose my own beliefs or taking part in actions that i feel strongly about, not just going along with a group. It's not that i'm not showing solidarity, I'll support any actions they need help with.
I feel Basta! is very fufilling for the moment.:)

how does your individualist/anti-organisation stance relate to other people getting organised?

weeler said:
how does your individualist/anti-organisation stance relate to other people getting organised?
I gave myself as an example on how this group may work for some but it definetly won't for others.

Sam. said:
I'm suprised that even if ya don't agree with the group or its aims, i think everyone should welcome seeing teenagers getting involved and active.
oh of course! but why a young anarchists group? I feel so intimidated when i get referred to as a kid by people not much older than me, just because i'm still in school. Why can't the already established anarchist and antifa groups be more welcomming, accesable and open to younger people?

I was wondering out of curiosity what will this collective actually do? Like what will your fuctions be? What do you hope to achieve (that sounds like a pisstake I know but it isnt meant to be!)? I know you havent really had a meeting yet so it may be hard to answer!

trianglegrrrl said:
Why can't the already established anarchist and antifa groups be more welcomming, accesable and open to younger people?

I think they are pretty welcoming in fairness, I agree that the sectioning of youth away from "grown ups" is a problem, but only if this group lets that become a problem and see's itself as seperate and different from the other groups.

Personally I dont like to differentiate between youth and older activists, on saturday at a meeting Sams (15) opinion was just as welcome as that of much older international activists.

The group might however provide a focal point for people who want to work with people their own age as well as older types.

I think that even if we have clarified that younger individuals are as much a part of the radical community as others, we should focus for a minute at the G8 this year. anyone care to think back to that, when the most succesful bloc of all was the kids and disabled bloc. my friend who was there told of an 11 year old who had been going to these events since age 6, and is now perfectly familiar with every aspect of what 'anarchy' advocates. So whether or not you care to discriminate and say 'well, they're just kids' look at those examples for a minute. and so many others.

Your friend may have been slightly exaggerating if he believes that was the most succesful "bloc". I doubt that the 11year old was there of his own volition too, the g8 is very relevent to a discussion about setting up a local anarchist group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back