Analogue vs Digital (1 Viewer)

This is a superb photograph. Talented person whoever they are. I'm not going to go into a film spiel here (unless I'm asked, please don't) I looked through the rest of the images the one thing i would say is that the square medium format suits there work a lot.

Yeah he also has some great digital gig photos in there somewhere. Very different style though, high saturation/fish eye lense/close ups.

one of my preferred photos from the hasselblad - i only ever scan the b&w, i've loads taken on velvia and provia i've never scanned.

B01.jpg

How does that work? 35mm and digital

Digital equivalent of a 35mm camera obviously enough, you know the ones that use the same lenses as a 35mm film camera? As opposed to the 120 equivalent of the digital back for the Hasselblad. :rolleyes:

Would you prefer if I used the digital sensor sizes as opposed to the equivalent film size?

Re: Random Photos

No automation is acceptable to me.

If it's anyway dark there is no way I can focus myself on the DSLR. Viewfinder is tiny and dark and there is no split prism. So autofocus is on always - normally just fixed on the centre autofocus point - so I focus, recompose and shoot. (I heard many mathematical reasons why this is bad - essentially when you recompose the focus plane is now in front of the subject, still).

I pick the ISO and the aperture and let the camera worry about the shutter, except for gigs where I open the lens up as much as possible and manually set the shutter to 1/50. If I can't get the shot with those settings then it's not gettable with the equipment, so there is no point pricking around.

I do use the exposure comp quite a bit though - so rather than using manual exp I'll use apeture priority and if it looks off on the LCD I'll go again with the exposure comp.
(in fact my exposure comp is always set 1/2 stop negative at all times because for some reason I think everything is too bright with it set to zero)

My two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back