Analog festival (1 Viewer)

yea the crowd were a little lifeless, most seemed more interested in checking out their cameras then the bands

There was a few people in front of me who were really annoying. They kept talking and just acting the asshole, it was really distracting. Why would you go up the front for a band like Tortoise and then not even pay attention to the gig?

not a liars fan really so gave them a miss. tortoise didnt seem to get too into it til the end in fairness, but they were still pretty good i though. saw efterklang in cypruss ave, in march i think...unreal. even better seeing em up close in the dark. a zillion times better live than on the album.

yea i know!!! thats why i always have to be at the barrier (that and everyone else is just far too tall), people beside me kept talking about how it could have been set up better, band was better in december, could do with a better drink selection etc etc etc, so freakin what, it is what it is, moaning right now will do frick all so just enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a few people in front of me who were really annoying. They kept talking and just acting the asshole, it was really distracting. Why would you go up the front for a band like Tortoise and then not even pay attention to the gig?
There was a fella standing in front of us chatting away for most of the set with his back to the band, we just moved up in front of him... can't understand that either.

Tortoise clearly wanted to play another couple of tunes, that place makes an awful venue for rock shows, sound was great though.

sound wasnt fantastic where i was (front and centre) but being so close more then made up for it!

Liars were up for it despite the early start, efterklang were as great as ever and tortoise were deadly in parts but not as mind-blowing as they might have been in a different venue and playing a longer set. The way the whole thing was set up, there was bound to be a load of people nattering away; it didnt feel like a proper gig at all. The sound was class too.

Overall I was inderwhelmed. Only caught the last song by Liars, pissed about that. Efterklang were really good, Tortoise started poor but finished well. Crowd were poor, myself included. Weird venue, didn't really suit the bands. And €10 for a Mojito?

Fuck, efterklang are alot different live than on record. I thought they were great when i was expecting to be bored off me charlies.

Didnt see liars.

Tortoise were brilliant in parts. I prefer the shit off standards.

Cunts talking though...always with the cunts talking in this town. If this was indoors i dont think you would have been able to hear any music.

Missed Efterklang and Liars. Saw Tortoise. I always find them really dull. They seemed older and duller than normal. The venue was desultory; sandwiched between office blocks and a building site. Atmosphere non existent.

The High Llamas thing was a bit of fun. Jonathan Coe wrote a slight text to link together a few HL songs into a narrative, which was a bit dull. But everyone seemed to be having such a good time that it didn't really matter.

efterklang = folk mass = muck

tortoise = a real thrash-up. horses for courses. should have had a 90 minute set, not the psychiatrists hour they got.

after a pretty nauseating start i really warmed to Efterklang.they're great when they don't resort to post rock cliché, the keyboard player dresses and dances like my auntie Betty.

Tortoise also started poorly but moved through the gears nicely. Really enjoyed their set despite it not containing any of my favourite tunes and it being way too short.

Liars were good.

The venue was alright I thought, made a nice change of a summer's eve and they got the sound pretty good despite obvious noise restrictions. The crowd was absolutely chock full of cunts though...

the lllamas thing: why hadn't the actors learned their lines properly? was it a last minute thing that play group got involved in?

or was that a gimmick part of the act..

It was a "rehearsed reading", so the actors read from the text. They only had three rehearsals...

after a pretty nauseating start i really warmed to Efterklang.they're great when they don't resort to post rock cliché, the keyboard player dresses and dances like my auntie Betty.

Tortoise also started poorly but moved through the gears nicely. Really enjoyed their set despite it not containing any of my favourite tunes and it being way too short.

Liars were good.

The venue was alright I thought, made a nice change of a summer's eve and they got the sound pretty good despite obvious noise restrictions. The crowd was absolutely chock full of cunts though...

Was down there last year (WHEN IT WERE FREEEEEE) and thought it was a good set-up. Could you watch the bands from outside the cordoned off "venue" this year? How did they work it?

Taraf De haiduks jaysus did they rock.

Most hilarious - manager and some of band selling CDs in one place for 15 and more enterprising/drunker member selling em nearby for 20 euros!

I kind of like the venue - it is in a weird sterile post industrial wasteland - but that gives it a kinda Sci Fi feel. Did hear there were about 100 "outside" listeners for tortise

kpx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back