Amps (1 Viewer)

Just make sure..when yer buying the amp..that it has no dsp effects..or if there are..they can be turned off.

Preferably..look out for one with no tone controls or balance at all.Just source direct.

It has a setting for -10db or + 4db and I don't know what that means. I'm running it at -10, maybe thats the problem

db stands for decibels which is unit of measure for the volume of loudness of sound probarbly that switch was just a handy or another way to turn the volume down.

Last edited:
Its not un normal for an amp to have a cut off switch mine does it if i go over a certain volume cant remember why exactly but anyway there is a chance you are just not useing it right or dont have it set up properly. I was askeing some qeustions on a forum specifically about audio equipment a while ago i think it was this one. http://www.audiokarma.org ,click on forum
You will probarbly get a more in depth answear there.

Last edited:
It's not all that complicated a machine, there's not a whole lot of setting up to be done. You just attach your speakers, plug something in and away you should be able to go. i think it's broken. There was no signal level indicator lights lighting up at all even though I could hear music so the level wasn't too high.

Just make sure..when yer buying the amp..that it has no dsp effects..or if there are..they can be turned off.

Preferably..look out for one with no tone controls or balance at all.Just source direct.
What about ones that have several source inputs? are they a sign of a gammy amp? it'd be nice to be able to flick between different sources and it'd be nice to have some sort of optional tone controls as my speakers were designed as studio monitors and are a bit flat sometimes. I could do with a little more bass for album club. I think me amp is gone again, just thinking out loud... has anyone been looking at these things lately? I think I need 100 / 150 watts per channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back