Amps (1 Viewer)

This arrived today, I've just set it up. The fucking thing seems to be over heating - it cuts out and a light comes on if the temp goes over 85 degrees and it's done that twice in the hour i've had it on. In fairness, the first time it did I had the vents covered over like the instructions told me not to, but not the second time.

Hold on..what did you get? A new amp?

And its overheating and cutting out?

I'm sorry to say but I thinks its defective.

Even running at the wrong ohm rating for the speakers..once yer not cranking it it should play indefinitely without triggering the cut off safety.

-10db is the standard level for domestic audio equipment
+4db is for professional stuff.

Try it at +4 there and report back

Nah..its fucked.

Send it back.

I would anyway.It should just work.

It should just work.

Sorry for yer trouble man.Pain in the gicker.

I hate to say I told you so..but you should reign in the gearlust and keep an eye on Adverts for a cracker integrated hifi amp.

I've seen some unbelievable ones going on there the last month or two for silly money.

I got a pioneer..nothing fancy.but decent for €15 a few weeks back.
And I'm mixing through it.

I saw a pioneer a-400 go for €90 two weeks ago.It fucking killed me watching it..but I was brassic.

You see all sorts of class amps on there..that people just want rid of

I don't really have gear lust, its just everything seems to be packing it in simultaneously. I've been keeping an eye out adverts. I saw one yoke that I was thinking of getting, a receiver thing, but I asked about it on gearslutz and some lad told me not to get a receiver, to get a proper amp instead, as the speaker manufacturer recommends it. This one had a few quid off on thomann so i went for it. I have to get a new computer as the cpu on this one i'm using maxes out when I open a new tab

First of all.Fuck Gearslutz.

Only thing its good for is gleaming the odd mix tip.

Most of the people on there are either 15 or Dentists with readies to burn.

I'm telling ya..a quality used hifi amp.Awesome

Maybe I'm being fussy and paranoid but Im not convinced a hifi amp will do the job

Edit: that's probably just what this thing is. I think I could hear an improvement over the old amp in the few minutes that it worked all the same. Could be the beer and the novelty factor

Look..Shaney..I don't know much..but I know about sweet sounding audio and how to get it.And,I've learned it the hard way.

Take advice off some faceless Solicitor with 40 grands worth of acoustic treatment and 100 grands worth of outboard.

Or take it of me.With less than a grands worth of gear..and some mighty fine recordings under me belt.

I'm as fussy as you.More so I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back