Amps (1 Viewer)

I'm breaking out the 4x12 for the tune we're recording next month. I have the tracking all planned, gonna record the guitars LOUD.
Your amp is nice. Beefy.

Although I preferred my DSL2000

I still wonder was it a mistake selling that

despite it being mostly a laptop which stops me seeing it as something that can be used in real life musical scenarios, It's a little too low wattage to be in a metal band, an little too high wattage to be on an ikea shelf in an apartment - If i wanted a house metal amp i'd probably be looking more in the 20w area? I dunno, it seem to be between stools to me?

despite it being mostly a laptop which stops me seeing it as something that can be used in real life musical scenarios, It's a little too low wattage to be in a metal band, an little too high wattage to be on an ikea shelf in an apartment - If i wanted a house metal amp i'd probably be looking more in the 20w area? I dunno, it seem to be between stools to me?

review seem to suggest it does clean headroom reasonably well (I was intrigued by this when I saw it, so had a look). It's a head version of pedalboard amp.
but yeah - it's probably +/- 40W short of a true gap in the market.

Does anyone here have a pedalboard amp?

on my pedalboard -
i use my Model Fet (Sunn Model T Clone) as my preamp (last in the chain) when running straight into my ower amp (orange pedal baby 100). also use a Boxidizer preamp early on in the chain just after the tuner for a bit of tone shaping. the Model Fet has serious volume output for the power amp.

for the gaff ,i have an Orange Micro Terror and a 1x12" cab. although i am going to upgrade to an Orange Dark Terror if i see a good deal on one

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 16.10.52.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 16.10.52.png
    467.2 KB · Views: 0
  • orange-dark-terror.jpeg
    orange-dark-terror.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back