Amps (1 Viewer)

Yeah but that wasn't my point

You're mixing up melody with timbre/tone. His bass tone is whatever the producer wants it to be each album, I don't think he has a specific sound.

With or without you also starts with guitars that aren't bass - a picking arpeggio and a feedbacky one

having actually watched the video - he's obviously given some thought to overall style/sound/tone over the years.

having actually watched the video - he's obviously given some thought to overall style/sound/tone over the years.

I mean, you're not wrong but he hardly has a recognisable tone throughout all the U2 albums. I'd say he based this amp on how he sounded in their earlier albums which is probably more noticeable coz the music is a little sparser

It's a great sounding amp either way.

If I was a bass man I'd get one. A lot of the 1x15 amps I've heard have had that scooped sound I don't care for

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i know jack shit about amps. but having watched most of this video - if an amp from the 50s sounds *that* good; why has no-one replicated it?

Picked this up on adverts for 30 euro primarily for shed use when testing wiring on guitars. It actually sounds pretty decent
I must have an earlier model, it only has two controls and a button for o/d. They sound very decent and look really cool.

I must have an earlier model, it only has two controls and a button for o/d. They sound very decent and look really cool.

yes - with the gain up it has a surprisingly nice garage-rock sound.
decent-ish cleans too. I've yet to try plugging it into a bigger speaker.

but will serve my purpose in terms of wiring and testing- I've been using a tuner pedal in the shed to basically test if theres a signal, but that obviously gives you no indication in terms of how things sound (ie if pickups are in phase, if various wiring fangdoodles are working etc.). I've had to bring what I was working on back into the gaff, and then back out to the shed (shed being pretty tiny in terms of having a bigger amp on the bench).

I saw one is these in the flesh today, pretty much the size of a toaster. Didn't hear it but one huge design oversight is that it doesn't really have a carry handle. The other thing which is a huge turn off for me is that the power supply is 18v external. Anything that leaves a non popular voltage level outside the box is bullshit. If it's not 9v, 5v or mains then the transformer needs to be onboard.

I've an amp output question. I tried to run Joyo Zombie into twonotes torpedo, to run different ir's. The amp didn't register at all. Output is so low, I'm wondering could I run a di box to see if that up's the output?

I've an amp output question. I tried to run Joyo Zombie into twonotes torpedo, to run different ir's. The amp didn't register at all. Output is so low, I'm wondering could I run a di box to see if that up's the output?
The getaround I ended up using was Zombie fx loop output- Harley Benton Thunder 99 power amp- twonotes. Very convoluted. Is there an easier way?

The two notes runs from an amp head doesn't it? So needs a power amplifier I think so should work with the zombie. Might be a lack of power or an impedance mismatch.

Finally sold the massive and heavy Orange OR120 head last week and ordered a little Orange pedal baby as a replacement. Will report back

Fuckin hell this thing is loud, can't even get it past 2 on the dial and that's only with a 1x12" cab. Actually sounds acceptable guitar straight in without any preamp pedal on.
Absolutely sings with a bit of colour and shaping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back