Amplitube 2 for iphone - 4 tk recorder with amp and stomp box fx (1 Viewer)

pissypants

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty good for a pocket notebook type deal!

Jesus wept

Poor the ian. :(
Does it offend you to the point of bible quotage? Why?

ann - http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubeiphone/features/

My brother has a previous version. I think he had a free or LE version that doesn't have the cable interface, but yeah I think the cable is included in the price.

Makes me dizzy to think that having a 4tk and a zoom pedal in the 90s cost me hundreds of euros and now kids have access to stuff like this as an inexpensive widget on their fucking mobile phone. Amazing.

Makes me dizzy to think that having a 4tk and a zoom pedal in the 90s cost me hundreds of euros and now kids have access to stuff like this as an inexpensive widget on their fucking mobile phone. Amazing.

absolutely! When I first started recording I was bouncing a stereo 1/4" tape machine to cassette and back and forth, to build up tracks, not for any sonic purposes, just because I wanted to multi-track!

This looks cool too: http://tascam.com/product/portastudio
if you have an ipad....which I don't.

absolutely! When I first started recording I was bouncing a stereo 1/4" tape machine to cassette and back and forth, to build up tracks, not for any sonic purposes, just because I wanted to multi-track!

This looks cool too: http://tascam.com/product/portastudio
if you have an ipad....which I don't.

When I started recording I was using casettes as a 2 channel recorder, like so:
A) Record something on cassette 1.
B) Play back cassette 1 from the mono headphone output of one of those old flat "brick" casette recorders into another cassette recorder's input - just the L channel, and feed your mic / instrument into the R channel to record another track (on cassette 2) during the dub.
C) Put cassette 2 into the mono player, and presto the channels are mixed onto 1 channel - record this via the L input of deck 2 again, and record new material simultaneously on the right.

You can imagine how quickly the music sunk into hiss after a few generations. High times.

I've got a Porta 07 in the drawer behind me.

I used to do that when I was a kid with two tape recorders. I'd sing a song along with myself over & over building up the tracks. Trick was to know when to stop before it descended into mush & wasted an hour.

I wonder is there a plug into do that now :)*

*stuck in the smiley to indicate I'm kidding

fostex x26 and two fostex knock off sm58 types mics and ART multi effects unit and a yamaha drum machine and god knows what else gathering dust in the attic- about £500 stg spent on kit SECOND hand C.1992 that's superceded by this. Now that's truly 'spooky super future we're all robots now' madness. unless it's shite of course.

i used to spend ages etching my ideas onto vinyl, it was manageable at about 10 rpm with microscope and everything had to be done and octave and half below how i wanted it to sound. At the time i lived next to the drilling of the channel tunnel so i could only work for 40 seconds a day, when they would briefly turn off the drills for routine checks. still have pile of those in the attic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back