Amityville (2 Viewers)

ms.b.haven

(Retired)
we're kinda having a little discussion about this film in eirecore but it's taking ages, just wondering what is the story behind this

The Amityville Horror was a bestselling 1979 novel by Jay Anson, and a film the same year, about a family that moves into a house in the New York village of Amityville, on the south shore of Long Island where a murder was committed, and finds that the house exerts a paranormal influence on them.

The house described in the "Amityville Horror" and portrayed on the book's cover is a real home on Ocean Avenue in an upscale neighborhood in Amityville. Some sources claim that after the Lutz family moved out, a second family bought the house and also claimed paranormal events, but others dispute that there was any such family between the Lutzes and the family that currently owns the house. The family that currently owns the house have never reported experiencing any paranormal phenomena at all and have lived there quietly without any complaints from them or their neighbors except for tourists parking to view the house. The new family made modifications in the house, especially by changing the distinctive quarter-round windows that made it recognizable from other nearby homes, after which the tourism problem declined. The house's original address was also changed.

The home was the scene of the murder of six members of the DeFeo family by Ronald DeFeo, Jr., who is still imprisoned for the crime.

Part of the appeal of the story was that the book was subtitled "a true story," and the movie also claimed to be the true story of the Lutz family's experiences in the Amityville house. However, many of the claims they made were discovered to be false or distorted, including the fact that descriptions of alleged psychic events did not match either the method or details of the actual murders.

The movie had no fewer than seven sequels and a new version of the original movie is to be released in 2005.

???

James Brolin in The Amityville Horror is one of my favourite characters in any film ever

i love when he's talking to his friend while chopping wood and kinda goes hang on a sec and turns and fuck the axe, madman-style, at a tree

he also wears a beard like no other man can

Latex lizzie said:
THe beard statement is the truth and no mistake.

Hey jodie!!!!

the eyes have it!!!

yep, it's all in the eyes..

the bit in the bar is deadly too, i love the way the barman reacts just a little bit too fast when he sees Georgie Lutz and goes 'Jesus!! you look just like that DeFeo kid!!'. some deadly overacting from Rod Steiger too!!

it actually still really scares me as a film.. the 'get ooooout' bit and the bit where Margo Kidder's face changes

I thought there were a billion amityville horror movies already.

I read the book when I was a bit too young, before it was universally regarded as a hoax and when it was still touted as a true story, and it scared the living fuck out of me. it was the most evil whacked out fucked up satanic shit I've ever read. red eyes in the window, cloven hoof prints, invisible marching bands at 3 in the morning, blood red secret rooms etc. etc. my fear of sleeping in any ground floor room unless the curtains are FULLY closed springs directly from reading that book.

I'm sure it's not that scary now as I remember but man... anything satanic freaks me out to this day.

:eek:

for the love of god, i'm jealous that i've never read/seen/shit anything to do with this. can we stop writing about it now

THRILLHO said:
The remake's poster has Lutz with a shotgun.

A fucking shotgun against a possessed house?!

its better than trying to slap it in the face with your dick!

i'd feel safer with a box of matches a some firelighters, but that wouldnt make a great poster..

so she's fully recovered from her car accident she had in summer bay. i like ryan renolds minus the beard (he has great facial expressions :eek: )

ms.b.haven said:
ooooh so it IS a true story thank you mr arm

Didn't you read this bit?

"However, many of the claims they made were discovered to be false or distorted, including the fact that descriptions of alleged psychic events did not match either the method or details of the actual murders."

You see, as a rule of thumb, stories about haunted houses are never true, because there is no such thing as ghosts and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back