american english - it's funny (1 Viewer)

jane said:
Uh, I don't think so. NASA's got plans for the moon, and it's 100% reserved for white American Christians.

No Mohammedans Allowed. It's what it says on the flag they're gonna stomp into the moon next time they're there.
well, you get my point though. i'd say lurking in the heart of most average americans is a lot of fear and distrust of all muslims. just because of what they've been told and because they think earth = north amercia. maybe they wouldn't admit it, but i'd say it's probably true.

Donkey OJ said:
with your WHAT.EVERS! and your BORING!S you sound like a valley girl. leave the states now before you succumb to a boob job.

nice legs by the way.
ha ha ha ha, i already succumbed to a boob job, it wasn't mine though. ha ha ha ha.

ms.b.haven said:
/slow clap turns into a round of applause for Donkey and his OJ/ well put
fuck off. please. for the love of god. just go away. i'm having a buzz with jane here, it's really none of your business. SCOOOCH!!!

hag said:
fuck off. please. for the love of god. just go away. i'm having a buzz with jane here, it's really none of your business. SCOOOCH!!!
would you pay to see us running in comically short shorts? we may be onto a winner here.

Super Dexta said:
would you pay to see us running in comically short shorts? we may be onto a winner here.
running? sure i can see that for free. however... if you agree that i can use a code word while we run... so that say, half way through, i scream "TROUSER BURGERS", you both strip and start pulling each other's hair and scrabbing and stuff... that's your gravy train right there.

yum yum, it's time for lunch... i can't wait for the sugar bread and the sugar water and the sugar lettuce. and reinfocred sugar sugar in my sugar coffee. you get the idea?

and starbucks is like, part of people's lives here. when we started the course, the instructor asked what we wanted to know about the surrounding area. some dude shouted "where the nearest starbucks?" which was following by a RESOUNDING "yeah, WHERE'S STARBUCKS?" it was very weird. i whimpered "i love me bewleys..."

hag said:
yeah... but, to be honest, i think most americans would feel better if all muslims were relocated to the moon. it's a whole lot of ignorance compounded by an inability to think outside my box.
Really? Most Americans? Based on knowledge of...? It's a big place.

Also, I'd say ignorance about other cultures isn't a preserve of Americans. Happens here too. Even in this very thread.

skrellp said:
Really? Most Americans? Based on knowledge of...? It's a big place.

Also, I'd say ignorance about other cultures isn't a preserve of Americans. Happens here too. Even in this very thread.
ok, most of the americans who will vote bush back into office. that ok? of the sample size in the class i'm in, there's people here from all over the states, mixed ethnicities... they all think the french hate them. i've spent a bit of time here over the past few years... travelled from new orleans to san francisco and the places that fall under the diagonal connector... texas is the scariest place i've been to. i dunno, go figure or whatever. most people are stupid, so kill me.

we were just shown a video about this club...

http://www.hubtall.org/

the course i'm doing has a bit of statistics in it.

this thread is really just a commentary of observations made by a middle class white kid from ireland while mixing with average americans in america. so, exCUSE me.

damtall2.jpg

THRILLHO said:
To be fair.. after seeing this, I'd vote Bush back into office, if I could:
here, you know about americans on the internet who show their bums, am i right or am i right? ;)

nader - he's a really smart guy. even for a european! where do his votes go in the end though? that's not what he's worried about. he's mainly concerned with instigating change. throughout history, small parties, most of which never made it to office, but raised issues and were directly responsible for instigating change. women's votes. black rights. etc. etc. he's probably french.

hag said:
nader - he's a really smart guy. even for a european! where do his votes go in the end though? that's not what he's worried about. he's mainly concerned with instigating change. throughout history, small parties, most of which never made it to office, but raised issues and were directly responsible for instigating change. women's votes. black rights. etc. etc. he's probably french.
he used to be called vader, but had to change his name so that luke and han wouldn't come after him and wreck his plans to take over the empire...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back