amebix! (1 Viewer)

because he clearly doesn't associate them with punk. I don't either.

why don't you put them on next time Cormac, or take it up with H as to why he's putting on bands from a scene he doesn't like.

jaysus bit harsh, don't see exactly how you don't see Muni Waste as being somewhat punk influenced. Wasn't their first 7" on Busted Heads, who are predominantly a punk/hardcore/label? haven't the released stuff on Six Weeks yet another hardcore related label? Didn't they just tour with iron Lung, a band heavily invovled in the diy hardcorepunk scene. or maybe even check out this interview with Tony Foresta when he says "We kind of sound more like a hardcore band"! http://www.metalreview.com/Interviews/30106/Tony-Foresta-of-Municipal-Waste.aspx

Sometimes I wonder cesspool, sometimes I wonder

jaysus bit harsh, don't see exactly how you don't see Muni Waste as being somewhat punk influenced. Wasn't their first 7" on Busted Heads, who are predominantly a punk/hardcore/label? haven't the released stuff on Six Weeks yet another hardcore related label? Didn't they just tour with iron Lung, a band heavily invovled in the diy hardcorepunk scene. or maybe even check out this interview with Tony Foresta when he says "We kind of sound more like a hardcore band"! http://www.metalreview.com/Interviews/30106/Tony-Foresta-of-Municipal-Waste.aspx

Sometimes I wonder cesspool, sometimes I wonder

I don't really give a bollix either way, I haven't payed much attention to them since they signed to Earache (who incidentally are reissuing Insect Warfare..what the fuck)

so yeah,if you're just joining us on this thread, just to recap:
Cormac thinks MW are punk, and enjoys making jabs at people who post on metalireland that he thinks they probably won't see.
I don't think MW are particularly punk, and find Cormac's 400th jab at metallers boring to the point where I made the logical suggestion he ask H what he doesn't like about punk.
Blevins doesn't get that I'm not actually actually angry either way and is worried I'm looking for a scrap.
Some lad just got offered 12 euro for a vital organ.
Everyone thinks Amebix are money grabbing bastards because they..well, because it appears they are.
Ed knows far too much about the ins and outs of Virginian thrash metal bands's discographies.
Hooly and Aongus are allegedly going to have a crust-related domestic.
I've just realised Voivod are playing Hellfest and have pretty much crapped myself.
and most importantly in case you missed it last time:
Amebix are a SHIT BAND FOR KNACKERS

and now, here's a flyer with a penis on it that I just made. It has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but I'm awfully proud of it:
koone.jpg

Cormac thinks MW are punk, and enjoys making jabs at people who post on metalireland that he thinks they probably won't see.
I don't think MW are particularly punk, and find Cormac's 400th jab at metallers boring to the point where I made the logical suggestion he ask H what he doesn't like about punk.

Not only are you making assumptions but you are also drawing wrong conclusions based on your assumptions. Or put more simply, you're just talking complete shit.

The only thing I mentioned here is the statement which said

"Don't really know what this thread's about and don't care, but I'd just like to say that I hate everything to do with fucking punk."

which I think is an extremely strong statement on something that is very generalised without providing any context or relevance whatsoever.
It's a stupid thing to say if you're not at the very least going to explain what you are actually talking about.

As for "Cormac thinks MW are punk" - Where did I say that?

If you can't post on internet forums without having stupid arguments with people over non-existent ideas, maybe you shouldn't post on internet forums.

I actually had a prety lengthy response to that, which was in no way argumentative but I'm really not arsed, you can just insert an imagined "blah blah, fuck you Cormac, blah blah, wankers" response or whatever it is you're clearling expecting me to say like. It's music lads, whatever. As for your last point - if all you can do is take the piss out of everything when you post on internet forums and get pissy when someone misinterperets it, maybe you shouldn't post on internet forums either chief. If this conversation were taking place at a gig or in a pub we'd all be grand, it's just presumed any disagreement over a point on this poxy board is some sort of vitriol fuelled row, get over it. You know me well enough at this point I'd have thought to know when I'm seriously fishing for a row, and I'd have thought you'd be aware this isn't one of those times.Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

ah well at leats this thread is keeping me amused in work on a friday night, Anyway yes Voivod are playign Hellfest along with other fucking deadly bands like Pentagram, Deicide, EyeHateGod, Amebix, Coalesce, Jarboe, Napalm Death, Cathedral, Entombed, Kylesa, Electric Wizard, Torche, Orange Goblin, Wolves In The Throne Room, in my eyes that pisses all over Roadburn!

So is anyone actually going to this? If you are PM me:)

I wasn't but Voivod,EHG, Pentagram and Pig Destroyer??Argh, I fucking wish I was. Not happening though. There's and equally killer Harvey Milk/Jesus Lizard double whammy at ATP..why did I pick May to release two records..why....

ah well at leats this thread is keeping me amused in work on a friday night, Anyway yes Voivod are playign Hellfest along with other fucking deadly bands like Pentagram, Deicide, EyeHateGod, Amebix, Coalesce, Jarboe, Napalm Death, Cathedral, Entombed, Kylesa, Electric Wizard, Torche, Orange Goblin, Wolves In The Throne Room, in my eyes that pisses all over Roadburn!

Def goin', just need to get the finger out and book flights/tickets.

we've had our tickets, flights and hostel booked for ages, there's already a thread about it here: http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=69127

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back