Amebix in Belfast next year (2 Viewers)

Hi, don't usually but had to comment on this thread.

I will return to Belfast for this gig without a doubt, unless its in the Limelight or any other shitty venues who hold 'early gigs' then start letting punters in off the street during the gig after charging you £15 to get in! Money grabbing bastards.

Also Neurosis were amazing in The Cresent Arts centre in Belfast c94-ish (?), and it was BYO, what more could you ask for, why don't they have gigs there any more?

The Neurosis gig in the Crescent Arts Centre was a great gig,but there was a lot of hassle involved. It was a very long time ago though.
The fact that it's getting refurbished doesn't sound too promising though. I'd figured it to be out of the running as I don't recall hearing much going on there in a long time.

There's been nothing happening there because every time an enquiry is made about using it they say it costs £400 or something stupid to hire the place.
Around £200 might be doable but £400 is ridiculous considering how many other places can be hired out for a lot less than that.

£400?! Fucking hell. Do they do the usual venue trickery of "we'll charge the £400. Not including your 13% gig tax either!".

Although that prob doesn't exist up North..

I don't remember how much it cost when we did Neurosis,but I remember on the night they decided to drastically reduce the numbers we could allow in. We were taking a risk as it was so needed as many people as possible and didn't really like the idea of having to turn people away. Fortunately we had done tickets,so, I took all the tickets that had been handed in and went outside and re-sold them,of course,we told the venue we had only sold a fraction of what had been actually sold. I'm pretty sure we did ok in the end and no one was turned away(I hope)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back