Amazon Kindle now available in Ireland (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 198
  • Views 60K
  • Watchers 4
Kindle Daily Deal for 31st December 2012

Kindle Daily Deal

about: [TD][/TD]

Deal Price: $1.99 (Today Only) (80% Off)

Other Deal

Romance Daily Deal

about: to find out about each day's new books for adults and young readers, including romance, science fiction, fantasy, and more. (U.S. customers only)

Deal Price: $0.99 (Today Only) (67% Off)

Kindle Daily Deal for 1st January 2013

Kindle Daily Deal

about:
[TD][/TD]

Deal Price: $1.99 (Today Only) (% Off)

Other Deal

Romance Daily Deal

about: to find out about each day's new books for adults and young readers, including romance, science fiction, fantasy, and more. (U.S. customers only)

Deal Price: $1.99 (Today Only) (% Off)

I got a paperwhite kindle this morning after traipsing all over dublin looking for one. It seems very nice, apart from attempting to email stuff to it which doesn't seem to be working, and it seems that pdfs are going to be more of a pain in the hole than i expected (i.e. barely, if at all, usable). still, its a fancy gadget that fits in my inside jacket pocket.

Are any of you lot using DuoKan? Apparently it supports ftp, presumably as a way of getting books on to the thing - sounds handy but I can't find any understandable instructions on how to do it.

I'm a bit taken aback by how completely shite these things are with pdfs. Its pretty much impossible to read a pdf unless its got just one column of text with decent enough sized text and no pictures underneath the text. There is a pinch and zoom function but it's shite and a pain in the hole. That's my dream of using the thing for reading pirated magazines in pdf format out the window. Unless you only want it for novels i'd say skip the kindle for the time being, they're surprisingly useless.

I'm selling my new Kindle Paperwhite - anyone here want one? €100. Is that a reasonable price? There €129 in argos. It's been opened and used a little bit but barely at all, I only have it a week and there's nothing wrong with it. I'd keep it except that I probably wont be doing and proper reading until the summer and in the mean time I could use €100.

I'm selling my new Kindle Paperwhite - anyone here want one? €100. Is that a reasonable price? There €129 in argos. It's been opened and used a little bit but barely at all, I only have it a week and there's nothing wrong with it. I'd keep it except that I probably wont be doing and proper reading until the summer and in the mean time I could use €100.

i would if i had €100

So I have a chance at getting a new one of these. Do people still use them? Do people who actually read books still use them?

I barely used my one but it wasn't touchscreen or paperwhite, does this make much of a difference?

the new "voyage" one looks almost the very same as the paperwhite

Amazon product ASIN B00GDQDRPK

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back