ALREADY DEAD R.I.P (1 Viewer)

needtokill

Website
www.thumped.com
..only joking, we 've not split up, just changed the name (if you're not in the know as to why, there's a post about it further down)

SERPENTS,much to the annoyance of our bassist, is our new name.

a split 7" with some as yet undetermined band will be unveiled in Spring 04

Thank you.

jamie

you fecker...it's not serpents....it's not!!!!!! if you thought you'd get away with unveiling it to the public while I was negotiating the wilds of west cork you were wrong, because through some interface between my laptop and my parent's phone line i suddenly find myself on the internet! i used to have dreams about this.
anyway, it's not serpents, i'm going to get pregnant so i'll be two people and therefore not out-voted by the rest of my band.

liadain, why dont you go to rathfarnham and kill the drummer from easpa meas and his partner and you could then call your band ......

...............................................The Dead Kenaideens

here's hoping.

bohs punks said:
liadain, why dont you go to rathfarnham and kill the drummer from easpa meas and his partner and you could then call your band ......

...............................................The Dead Kenaideens
why didn't i think of that when i lived there (nearly) bleh....

best thing in the other thread was ALREADY DEBT - i can't believe no-one* thought of that before.

*glyn

But in reality:

You Have Just Been Poisoned The Serpents (Ochre)

There's a Super Furry Animal on this, too, though quite what Gruff Rhys does on You Have Just Been Poisoned isn't specified. Never heard of The Serpents? OK. "The Serpents are," says the cover... and then lists 34 musicians, including the aforementioned Super Furry Animal, Echo & The Bunnymen's guitarist, someone from Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, a bloke from abysmal '80s politico-soul Scouse act The Christians, wearied music hack Jon Savage, Loaded cover star Catalina Guirado and "three unknown musicians". So, no live gigs soon, then.

The press blurb tells us that the album "serves as a perfect introduction to the candlelit world of Anglo-Welsh purveyors of the surreal", though whether this world amounts to any more than this disparate bunch is a moot point. Freeform instrumental improvisations that seem to go on for hours, tape loops, strange rattling sounds, titles like Map Of Itch and Y Cwpwrdd Lluwchwynt (wonder if the spellchecker'll pick that one up), and, most terrifying of all, crooning in Welsh.

It's strangely compelling stuff. As mad as a box of frogs, granted, but compelling nonetheless. Not that you'd want to meet any of the 30-plus participants, mind. Wales. Like I say, scary place.

SERPENT would be better me thinks rather than SERPENTS but eitherway methinks its a good name, better than bleedin earth crisis wha?

p.s. on the earth crisis site there is a poll which you can vote on the question being "What song are you gonna smash the most faces to at the last show??" ,
yay fuck those guys, wouldnt know what punk was if it slapped em in the face

right:
1) Yes, I know about The Serpents with the Superfurryanimals guys but that was a one off project band from 4 years ago or so that released one (deleted) album, and recorded a second.Also, Steve, that mp3 is from 2001.They've since split

2)And they have a "The".We don't .Not the same thing.

2)There was also a german techno band of the same name in the mid nineties who are also no longer.I checked all this out throughly,trust me and there are no CURRENT bands called Serpents.If there were, I wouldn't have suggested it.Stealing a deceased bands name is allowed.Did you know that, for example, there was an American IRON MAIDEN in 1971 who released a 7"?Didn't stop the UK band using the name later..there have been 3 Skid Rows, and at least 2 Slayers at different times.And, scarily, After the US band SWANS split, an Irish band, who were shit released an album as the SWANS.So fuck it.

3)Liadain, internal band disagreements are just that.Internal.Not for messageboards.It was a two out of three decision,fair and square.

4)If someone can find a current band called SERPENTS, let us know, but otherwise,that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back