all ages gig in city arts centre (1 Viewer)

moony

SATURDAY 20th March
City Arts Centre(yea that place yez all thought was possibly abandoned)
3 yo yos

Margin of Terror
Crooky Fix
Mug A'Joe
The Spungos
tenpastseven(from kerry)

and seeing as it is being put on by two young koolies, Kid Blunt and foot in mouth are no doubt gonna grace us with their presence

no booze+no drugsx[freefood+ coffee]=fun1/2

sxe mofo's

Great news

Pity it's the same time as the anti-war march

moony said:
SATURDAY 20th March
City Arts Centre(yea that place yez all thought was possibly abandoned)
3 yo yos

Margin of Terror
Crooky Fix
Mug A'Joe
The Spungos
tenpastseven(from kerry)

and seeing as it is being put on by two young koolies, Kid Blunt and foot in mouth are no doubt gonna grace us with their presence

no booze+no drugsx[freefood+ coffee]=fun1/2

sxe mofo's

Hello.

yep i relised that the other day. Maybe we can theme the gig to do with the protest somehow?? any suggestions?

yeah theyre giving us the venue pretty much for free we just have to prove we can respect and everyone isn't off their faces then quite possibly all-agers in the City Arts Centre will become a regular...which brings us to the whole no booze thing -SERIOUSLY this time.

Easpa Measa MIGHT be playing. Langdon Beck are also now playing.

is that the place up by tara st, train station? thaught it was closed down ages ago?

moony said:
we're still a band ya know, although it mightn't seem like it!
i think we might be playing this, but in the usual langdon beck tradition.....werent put on the bill...... begged to be on it..... bad taste of cock in my mouth!

it possibly our first dublin gig in half a year.
and there's a coffee drinking competition. there will be heats held in kilcoole, no doubt i will smoke ross, then i will take you townies on!

Suggestion!

See if you can get the gig extended by an hour to 7. Than have an hour break for the free food and coffee that will also enable ppl to go to the GNAW top oil protest which is only 5 minutes from the arts centre.

Also, if you haven't already done it, invite zine and book distro's to the gig which should politicise it on the day and hopefully inform ppl (which is the idea behind it, isn't it?) and could help to theme the gig to do with the protest. Maybe invite food not bombs to do some of the free food.

Dylan said:
Hello.

yep i relised that the other day. Maybe we can theme the gig to do with the protest somehow?? any suggestions?

yeah theyre giving us the venue pretty much for free we just have to prove we can respect and everyone isn't off their faces then quite possibly all-agers in the City Arts Centre will become a regular...which brings us to the whole no booze thing -SERIOUSLY this time.

Easpa Measa MIGHT be playing. Langdon Beck are also now playing.
How about an anti-war stall as well?

yeah i got your email jamie.

unfortunately Easpa Measa cant play either but all you townies better come anyway!

"See if you can get the gig extended by an hour to 7. Than have an hour break for the free food and coffee that will also enable ppl to go to the GNAW top oil protest which is only 5 minutes from the arts centre.

Also, if you haven't already done it, invite zine and book distro's to the gig which should politicise it on the day and hopefully inform ppl (which is the idea behind it, isn't it?) and could help to theme the gig to do with the protest. Maybe invite food not bombs to do some of the free food."

-Dublin has a food not bombs? ..maybe they will let us extend it til 7 but i wont know til tommorow. We're pretty pressed on time as it is with the 8 bands. maybe i should try and get some information flyers or something like that done up. What time is the Top oil protest, know the main ones at 2pm?

Fuck sake, I need to keep this thread buoyant without saying "Lump"

Right, a game....

Let's name and rate all the "punk" bands from Ireland! Out of 7.

Easpa Measa - 7
Knifed - 7
Scio Bong - 7
Eoin Whitfield - 7
My Remorse - 7

You get the idea... Except you can't be gutless, real scores must be applied!

Right heres something to toss about:

"Sponsorship for a gig from a big (skate) company (like DVS) shouldnt be accepted even if it does mean lower door prices"​

what d'y'all think?

Personally I think lower door prices are better but Im open to argument.

what dylan is referring to is...

g1 said they'ed give us free stuff an stickers at the gig if we put a dvs or g1 banner behind the bands.....
i think its ok no big deal some free shit!

they also want ....
G1 logos on fliers and then they'd give us loads of money, which would mean free or cheap gigs depending on how much etc...

i think the first thing os ok cuz its fairly harmless but it'd be weird having g1 logos on fliers and stuff. tis a fairly funny situation all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back