25th SEPTEMBER all ages!! city arts centre gig (1 Viewer)

just wana say thanks a million to everyone who came out to the gig today and supported it.

We were able to cover all our costs in terms of spraypaint transport,bands etc. which was something i wasnt sure would happpen so thanks.

thanks esp. to dara,erin,cian,eoin,james,oran+ollie.also to the bands and the people who offered to help out. yis all took a massive amount a stress off and made it an enjoyable gig for everyone.thanks.

top afternoon.Particularly enjoyed the fact that most if not all of the bands only played for about 20 minutes, so that no-one got boring..Dylan, I salute you sir.

Please remind me never to look directly at Weeler while he's playing guitar again.Frankly, it made me feel dirty.;)

Yep, a good gig altogether. How long's the spraypaint staying there?

I heard the place was being knocked down so I spent the first hour wandering around upstairs while I still had a chance. There's all sorts of strange stuff up there, you should take a look some time for the lark.

I'll remember the night for ever; I had my first legal pint at Eamonn Dorans then went to Erins slick executive condo at Belfield and played frisbee all night.

needtokill said:
Particularly enjoyed the fact that most if not all of the bands only played for about 20 minutes, so that no-one got boring.
yeah, good point.

deadly gig altogether, some of my favourite bands in the country.

would like to see Burn It To The Ground again (without all the technical difficulties and tuning problems etc), had never seen them before.

fair fucks to Dylan!! .|..|

yeah big thanks to dylan - we hads a great time. the other, pussier, members of the killing spree are sorry they were too pussy to stick around and hang out, choosing instead to drive home at crazy velocities to oil their muscles.

i too would like to see burn it to the ground again... weeler if you're out replacing the zoom, get a chromatic tuner pedal too! they make such a big difference, i love em.

needtokill said:
top afternoon.Particularly enjoyed the fact that most if not all of the bands only played for about 20 minutes, so that no-one got boring
25 minutes if they are particularly good, and while we're at it none of this encore lark - play your set and leave

thenoise000 said:
yea great gig, nice one Dylan!

Yea I thought Burn It To The Ground were great. look forward to seeing them play again. hopefully we (based on reason) will get to play with them soon!!!

....again nice one dylan.

so we can manage to fuck up two songs, twice stopping in the middle of the set and still be continually praised....thank you all!

i thought we were just gettin by on weeler's good looks up to this point....and daves beautifully sculpted body...

niallmc said:
25 minutes if they are particularly good, and while we're at it none of this encore lark - play your set and leave
While we're at it, here's something else:
If you're going to "rock out", do it all through your set or don't do it at all.If I see one more band do this "wait till the last song and then GO MENTAL!" stuff,there will be trouble.I saw at least one band do it on Saturday, and I wanted to hurl bricks at them.It wasn't big or clever when Some Days Better did it (sorry Lid, but you know I'm right), and it's not big or clever when you do it.

ROCK OUT OR GET OUT

in fairness though, some songs are easier to fuck up than others. and unless your totally confident in playing it perfectly, you (well, i at any rate) are not gonna fuck around. then theirs insecurity in front of a decent sized crowd of people, some of whom are really good musicians. i know i hate to watch a band that dont move at all, but when you're playing its a differant story, like.

Name and Shame.

(unless yer talking about me that is)

Don't know their name.The sort of Indie-ish band with the longhaired bloke that works in Tower drumming for them.The Coldspoon Conspiracy I think it is?Not a dreadful band on a musical level or anything, but the rocking out at the end boiled my piss something wicked.

needtokill said:
Don't know their name.The sort of Indie-ish band with the longhaired bloke that works in Tower drumming for them.The Coldspoon Conspiracy I think it is?Not a dreadful band on a musical level or anything, but the rocking out at the end boiled my piss something wicked.

:D boiled my piss. thats deadly. im gonna put that in a bio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back