Alesis MultiMix 16 (1 Viewer)

plug

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
just reading up on these at the moment... not a hell of a lot of information about them on the net; I gather that they're pretty new.

anyway, seems like a useful piece of gear for home recording, eight mic ins (handy for drumz), firewire and it's relatively cheap... kind of. anyone got any good or bad words?

alesis_multimix_16_firewire_pimx_186079.jpg

product info

Just read the spec on the Alesis web site.
Nice little package. I'd imagine with their experience with ADAT - the ADC/DACs are pretty decent (although considering the price they probably skimped).
You'd really have to try one to get an idea of the quality. I reckon the build is pretty flimsy.
One thing I'm curious about is whether the EQ analogue or digital?

read somewhere that the EQ is analogue...

anyway a cursory glance around the web looking for an alternative has thrown this fella up:

phonic_phhb18fw_helix_board_pimx_186610.jpg

phonic helix 18

also firewire. bit cheaper, seems to do all the same shit etc. hmmm... I don't do very well when offered a choice. typical libra.

anyone had any experience using this, or indeed heard anything about them? also if anyone with a sound on sound online membership fancies copying and pasting the feb review of the MultiMix 16.... ;) :) :)

I'd go for the Alesis.
Reasons?
They make decent quality stuff.
They have a huge amount of experience in digital recording through ADAT and they make decent mid price fx units too.
So, at least you can expect most of this unit to be engineered/designed pretty well.

thanks a. good advice. I did read some dodgy reports about the alesis but these seem directly connected by a specific driver version problem which has been rectified. otherwise it seems like a deadly machine. time to start counting the pennies I think...

So did anyone get one of these?
Any use? Looking for something similar at the moment, are there any better options available in similar price range?

Cheers.

Got the 8 channel version with 4 pres a while back. Have recorded bits and pieces on it, mainly vocals and drums, but nothing id post up as an example of quality.

Have had no driver issues, just got the latest drivers off the site before i installed. Feels solid and robust. One pot (Ctrl Rm Level) is slightly scratchy, seems better build quality than a similary sized phonic mixer ive come ito contact with (also a helix, but witout data connectivity).

Pres are nice and quiet, and the fact that theres four of em, as opposed to the two youd expect from a similary priced fw interface (410, etc) gives you a lot more scope in what you can actually track.

The FW send is post fade/eq, but not pan or aux returns
, so the internal effects cant be directly tracked from the return on that channel.

I'm pretty pleased with it so far, looking forward to getting a bit more done with it in the next while

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back