Ale appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

While i was enjoying my pint of ale in Anseo the other night, some guy comes up to the bar and says to the barman "bottle of coors light and, eh, emmmm...a pint heineken or carlsberg or whatever???"

Heineken or carlsberg or WHATEVER???

i should of punched him

While i was enjoying my pint of ale in Anseo the other night, some guy comes up to the bar and says to the barman "bottle of coors light and, eh, emmmm...a pint heineken or carlsberg or whatever???"

i should of punched him
What's wrong with that? I never understand people who will only drink Heineken because all the other brands of pasturised, filtered pale lager are "muck"

What's wrong with that? I never understand people who will only drink Heineken because all the other brands of pasturised, filtered pale lager are "muck"

If was his lack of excitement that got me. Eh just give us one of those drinks people have in bars will ya please.... the ones on the ads.

It breaks my heart.

i should of punched him

"Barkeep, a pint of your least shit Lager please!"

i should of punched him

Perchance you should have punched him? Although punching a man for apathy towards mediocre beverages would seem a touch extreme.

I'm having one of these now. It has been aged in oak casks that contained rum so it initially tastes like rum and coke. I reckon that could put a few people off but i reckon it's well tasty.

7.4% and they'll only make 84,000 bottles..

2113249232_5a94f7a8c8.jpg

We brewed a special batch of Innis & Gunn beer and matured it in oak for 60 days. Every single drop spent half of that time in American oak barrels before being refilled into selected navy rum barrels to finish the lengthy maturation. Once the beer had absorbed the unique character the barrels were emptied, the beer blended and then maturation continued for a further 47 days until all of the flavours had married together and mellowed. We think the result is absolutely delicious!

I'm having one of these now. It has been aged in oak casks that contained rum so it initially tastes like rum and coke. I reckon that could put a few people off but i reckon it's well tasty.

7.4% and they'll only make 84,000 bottles..

2113249232_5a94f7a8c8.jpg

Not wild on the normal Innis and Gunn oak aged beer, though lots of people love it. Cloyingly vanila-ish for me. I'll keep an eye open for that. I'll keep an open mind as well as an open eye.

Not wild on the normal Innis and Gunn oak aged beer, though lots of people love it. Cloyingly vanila-ish for me. I'll keep an eye open for that. I'll keep an open mind as well as an open eye.

be open to the fact you may hate it....:)

It isn't what I normally go for but it was OK.

A trip to McSweeney's office licence in glasnevin resulted in these purchases -
anchor%20steam.JPG

Nice. Never had it before.

Having this now:
sierra-nevada-bigfoot-barle.gif

Barleywine style ale at 9.6%. It's not sweet at all, just malty and bitter. Very nice.

Have this for later if I can manage it:
blind_mixed8_snporter.jpg

A trip to McSweeney's office licence in glasnevin resulted in these purchases -
anchor%20steam.JPG

Nice. Never had it before.

Having this now:
sierra-nevada-bigfoot-barle.gif

Barleywine style ale at 9.6%. It's not sweet at all, just malty and bitter. Very nice.

Have this for later if I can manage it:
blind_mixed8_snporter.jpg
The Big Foot, while delicious, I find to be a little too hoppy. Weird having such a strong ale so hoppy, but there you go. Apparently the flavours mellow if you store it for 6 months to a year. I've never been able to manage more then 3 hours.

Anchor Steam beer is a very good beer but I think on balance their Liberty Ale has the edge.

Sierra Nevada Porter is just a gorgeous beer. Enjoy your night.

Mmmm, ale. Being just back from America, I had my fill of ales. Shipyard in Maine, Geary's in New Hampshire, Dogfish Head in Rhode Island and Brooklyn Ale in, er, Brooklyn.

All of them were 'India Pale Ale' beers, which, so I'm led to believe, are a particularly American way of preserving beer when they had to ship it to India. Totally yum out.

It's amazing how shit Irish beer on tap is. Even the Guinness, which I love, but it's still a shite stout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back