Albums whose lyrics you know OFF BY HEART (1 Viewer)

Lefty Frizzell said:
never heard this. is it just a ep version of brewing up?

Life's A Riot With Spy Vs Spy was his first album, 7 tracks, came out in 1983. Brewing Up followed in 1984. That had 11 tracks. Both of them were combined along with the 3 track Between The Wars single onto a compilation called Back To Basics a couple of years later.

In those days I relied on pocket money/odd job earnings to buy records so what I bought I played endlessly.

nlgbbbblth said:
Life's A Riot With Spy Vs Spy was his first album, 7 tracks, came out in 1983. Brewing Up followed in 1984. That had 11 tracks. Both of them were combined along with the 3 track Between The Wars single onto a compilation called Back To Basics a couple of years later.

In those days I relied on pocket money/odd job earnings to buy records so what I bought I played endlessly.

sound. i'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Archers Of Loaf - All The Nation's Airports
Smashing Pumpkins - mellon collie...
The Cure - Disintegration
Sonic Youth - Sister

i'll think of more no doubt

Lefty Frizzell said:
fuck that rampsy, everclear is an incredible record.

anything but saddo. raddo maybe? or faddo?

theyre all amazing records. i used to be obsessed with them. ive embarresed myself during a couple of lickarsey drunken encounters with mark eitzel and for some reason whenever i hear them now i cringe. deep down i still worship them though.

western sky, jenny, never mind, why wont you stay every song a work of genius. first saw them play at reading 1991. it was unreal. i was hypnotised.

No see I think there's a difference between knowing the lyrics and really really knowing them - like being able to sit down with some paper and crayons and scribble an entire album's lyrics out without stopping to think.

There's loads of albums that I can sing along to but wouldn't be able to do the crayon thing with.

believe it or not, i do know these lyrics. every single one. off by heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back