Ah Crikey - Steve Irwin RIP (1 Viewer)

Neither did Germaine Greer, apparently.

I really like and respect Germaine Greer but she really does talk out her arsehole on a regular basis.

Even if you did agree with her commentary, to come out with a bitter, mean spirited article like that before the man is even burried shows huge lack of judgement on her part.

I have been watching the coverge of Irwins death here in the states and there have been queues of people whose opinion in this field actually counts, lining up to pay tribute to the man.

Greer just has a bee in her bonnet about anything Australian.

Bloody Hell! That is about the last thing I can think of Steve Irwin wanting people to do.

Some people are so stupid that it is beyond imagination!

:eek:

image1.jpg

i knew it wouldnt take long. someone has invented a computer game called Terri Irwin's Revenge - you are terri irwin and have to kill as many stingrays in a captioned time or somehting.
fucked up!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...ay-revenge-game/2006/09/11/1157826859772.html

some idiots have taken this literally it seems:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5338118.stm

Irwin fans 'in revenge attacks'

_42077566_stingray_ap203.jpg
Stingrays have been found dead on two Queensland beaches

Dead stingrays with their tails cut off have been found in Australia, sparking concern that fans of naturalist Steve Irwin may be avenging his death.
Mr Irwin, a TV personality known as the "Crocodile Hunter", was killed while diving in Queensland when a stingray's barb stabbed him in the chest.
Since then, 10 stingrays have been found mutilated on Queensland beaches.
Government officials said they were investigating the deaths and there could be prosecutions.
Two stingrays were found at a beach north of Brisbane with their tails cut off, while eight were found on another beach on Monday, The Australian reported.
Wayne Sumpton of the state fisheries department said it was not clear if the incidents were connected to Mr Irwin's death.
He said fishermen who inadvertently caught stingrays sometimes cut off their tails to avoid being stung, but such a practice was uncommon.
'Protect wildlife'
_42069380_ap203bodysteve.jpg
Mr Irwin was well-known for his work with Australian wildlife

Michael Hornby, a friend of the late naturalist and executive director of Mr Irwin's Wildlife Warrior fund, condemned any revenge killings.
"We just want to make it very clear that we will not accept and not stand for anyone who's taken a form of retribution. That's the last thing Steve would want," he said.
"I hope everyone understands we have to protect wildlife now more than ever. This is what Steve was all about." Stingrays are normally placid, but when they feel under threat, a sharp, poisonous spine in their tail flicks up. A public memorial service for Mr Irwin will be held next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back