AFTERTHOUGHTS (1 Viewer)

Sounds deadly. When was the 'The Big Bank' documentary made? Any other screenings?

The newspaper coverage of the film when it was screened in the Irish Life Mall in 1980 says

"the film shows the construction of the new bank from a water filled hole in the ground in 1972 to the day when the bank's staff took over in 1979.

It's an industrial film, so it concentrates on the construction process, which was innovative at the time. The floors are suspended from the top of the building and the film shows the floors being jacked into place from the plaza below.

I could go on, but you're probably asleep already ...

No other screenings on Saturday.

d.

Sounds great macker- I will copy and paste over on archiseek if you want... cannae make it unfortunately but I hope it goes well and you don't get clobbered by bits of flying tcd roofing!

Thanks tommy. That would be cool.

I was over at the back of tcd yesterday, surrounded by guards in fluoro jackets. Thought it was some kind of bizarre training exercise until I heard the news.

The reaction was a bit ott!

d.

mcnutty, is the screening a one off or part of the
exhibitoin? will be down to see the show at some
point or t'other, but won't make saturday.

what did happen on pearse st yesterday anyways?
traffic was fucked in the head

mcnutty, is the screening a one off or part of the
exhibitoin? will be down to see the show at some
point or t'other, but won't make saturday.

what did happen on pearse st yesterday anyways?
traffic was fucked in the head

The apex of the shiny new copper roof on the naughton institute blew off in the (not very high IMO)wind. load of copper cladding damaged a parked car and the corpo declared it a disaster area. Picture in the metro. Embarrassed architect and subby no doubt on the scene pullin' a reddner as I type..

The screening is a one off. Part of a day of talks - (see the link in the first post). Sorry andy.

The show is on till March 8th - Saturday week is the last day. There are some shots of the show here :

http://www.greenonredgallery.com/exhibition.php?intProjectID=66

I'm not involved in this years i-and-e fest, but it will be happening. Another great line up (I reckon). Details here : http://i-and-e.org/

In the meantime, Paul Vogel and Wade Matthews (http://www.arrakis.es/~wade/) will be playing a concert at the Green On Red on Saturday 8th.
Full details will follow in the next few days.

d.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back