afghanistan (1 Viewer)

Trump gets to take credit for starting an end to an unpopular war but also gets to say he would have actually carried it out better. What a fucking king. President Trump 2024, get ready.

Genuinely all I get the feeling of is sadness shame and mortification. They've known Afghanistan was a bad idea for a long time. They really disliked having their status laid bare to them, when you compare US military power with the UK's.
In a just world this would lead to some introspection and soul searching, and maybe a move forward into a less violent, less bloodthirsty future.

Instead I suspect (well in the case of the USA I know) this is likely to lead to some serious lashing out and bombing campaigns and more gestures towards "nation building" down the barrel of a drone somewhere else, soon, all in an attempt to prove that they were not thoroughly owned by the Taliban.

In a just world this would lead to some introspection and soul searching, and maybe a move forward into a less violent, less bloodthirsty future.

Instead I suspect (well in the case of the USA I know) this is likely to lead to some serious lashing out and bombing campaigns and more gestures towards "nation building" down the barrel of a drone somewhere else, soon, all in an attempt to prove that they were not thoroughly owned by the Taliban.

If I was a mid-level dude in the venezuelan army I’d be feeling a bit nervous about the upcoming few months

also, one thing I don’t quite get about all this yet. the last time the taliban rolled into kabul, they got the ex-president out of the UN compound and publicly hanged him. this time, hamid karzai is apparently having polite negotiations with the taliban leaders, apparently about a coalition government of national unity. are they just waiting for the yanks to get out of the airport before they string karzai up too? but then, he’s no dummy, so he must be fairly confident that it’s safe for him to stay. so... what’s going on?

Well, they've been negotiating this with the US for a few years now have they not? They're saying they're not going to return to like they were 20 years ago, I know no one believes them but I suppose even the worst case scenario they have to put up a bit of a show for a little while.

This seems a decent summary of the recent past:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

swear to god she wasn't the worlds worst music journalist. Just scanning through her twitter timeline there and she's really absolutely, completely, lost her mind, just seeing the holocaust happening all around her at all times.

that video was, like, 18 months ago!

I wouldn't call it an insane amount of stuff. In his other tweets it seems that English kid is out okay.

9/11 television, will we ever see the like again?

page does not exist
screen cap from 4chan allegedly made by that english person in afghanistan saying he bumped some afghani off the emergency flight home because he was a citizen and was given preference and wasn't it great because he was keeping another "rapeugee" out of the country.

screen cap from 4chan allegedly made by that english person in afghanistan saying he bumped some afghani off the emergency flight home because he was a citizen and was given preference and wasn't it great because he was keeping another "rapeugee" out of the country.

I don't think that lad was actually in Afghanistan this week.

I don't think that lad was actually in Afghanistan this week.

Interesting enough the trail is being erased bit by bit - there was a twitch live thing from there - the acc is wiped now, there was a fb post about getting home, now wiped.

Might have rep manager - might just be an eijit running a scam - might be some kinda cyver commando...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back