Acoustic Gigs (1 Viewer)

waterfall

Website
www.myspace.com
Do any of you who are in bands ever play acoustic gigs? Before I was in a band I did two of the zodiac session type things a couple of years ago and it was a bit of a laugh. Always said I'd do the odd one aside from the band gigs but never have.

Personally, solo acoustic types tend to be not my cup of tea unless they have exceptionally well written songs which is rare. But when a couple of guys from a band break a couple of their songs down onto two instruments it can be pretty entertaining over a mid week pint. Does anybody bother with doing it?

Well we should support good music. our mp3's have got us talkin to a label in England so I don't really give a shit what you think. At least we don't sound like anyone else in this shithole country. I could come up with a load of symbols for the kind of stuff you're all probably into.

Well we should support good music. our mp3's have got us talkin to a label in England so I don't really give a shit what you think. At least we don't sound like anyone else in this shithole country. I could come up with a load of symbols for the kind of stuff you're all probably into.

:confused: :eek: :confused: !zed !bog

What are you talking about?

Amazing

hey philip!

you're not my cup of tea.

nelsons%20column.jpg

That story in full:

POTENTIALLY LIBELLOUS, APPARENTLY TRUE, UNSUITABLE FOR CHILDREN STORY ABOUT THE KRANKIES

This really is NOT suitable for anyone too young to recall watching the Krankies on TV in primetime.

A mate of mine (let's call him Alec) was working as an assistant stage manager over the summer in a variety theatre in a Northern seaside town. It was a fun job for a youngster hoping to get into the theatre, and he enjoyed mixing with the fading celebrities that made up the bulk of the cast for the various shows.

One of Alec's jobs was to go round every night after the theatre had closed, turning off the lights, locking the doors, and generally closing up. This particular night, he noticed a light shining under the door of Star Dressing Room # 1 - which was then occupied by the Krankies. He didn't think anything of it - after all, it was 12:00 and everyone should have left the premises ages ago. So he simply opened the door and reached for the light switch.

Unfortunately, the sight that greeted him was not that of dusty makeup boxes and dirty mirrors to which he was accustomed. No, it was little Jimmy Krankie, whose real name I believe is Jenny Krankie, bent over and naked, between Ian and another man, in what I understand is commonly known as a "spit roast".

Alec turned and fled, though not before getting a mental picture that years later still wakes him up at nights.

The following day, after the performance, the cast and crew, as was customary, gathered in the theatre bar. Alec, rather nervously, was avoiding the Krankies at all costs - after all, what if they asked him to, ahem, join them? But, suddenly, there Jimmy Krankie was, by his side, hauling herself up onto the bar stool next to him and ordering a drink. She reached over and out her hand on his arm.

"Look" she said, and somehow this was all the scarier since she was now in full costume as a wizened schoolboy. "About last night. Well, I just want to apologise, and tell you you dinna need to worry. Although" - and here she uttered the phrase he'll remember until his dying day -

"Ye must think me awfully forward."

What was that letter in Viz again?

"I've recently discovered I fancy little Jimmy Krankie. Does this make me gay, straight or a paedophile?"

are you in 21 demands?

It's not aged well has it... I think "some people" were basically out to start fights no matter what he said... though the "Some girl doing a solo act" billing is still pretty nuts.... :)

I wonder did he ever get that record deal

I think that resulted in many weeks of gobshite posts from the guy...
But still, the "some chick that sucks" thing justified the release of pent up outrage...
Still, twas years ago...

Ah the Gerry Ryan floating head of voodoo...

God bless you Speedy, where ever you are

Waterfall, you are getting around the boards a bit. Didn't you start off in acoustic?? ;)

Nah, acoustic is not worth the hassel of getting into town. If you live in town fine. Or if you've mates, or you know someone who's good. Otherwise, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back