Acceptable music genres for Irish bands (1 Viewer)

I know the guitarist from Primordial.Fucking sound bloke.

I always wonder why magazines and journalists don't take a gamble and report on these excellent albums by Irish bands who have success abroad.

i've often wanted to sit beside a radio for an entire 24 hour period on any given day to see how many mentions u2 get per day on the likes of 2/today FM. i'd say they get more daily exposure then the angelus.

I always wonder why magazines and journalists don't take a gamble and report on these excellent albums by Irish bands who have success abroad.
This year AoP signed to Candlelight Records!!! The home of Emperor, Enslaved and Blut Aus Nord to name a few.

I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to find a single mainstream Irish music journalist who knows a jot about metal

I'd never heard of Primordial so I looked at their site. This is on the front page.

'Like many Irish people right now I don’t know if I can look society square in the eye, or at least the instruments of the church and state without wanting to see them burned to the ground. You can almost taste the betrayal, and it is bitter sweet.'

The Corona's had something simialr on their site as well?

I know the guitarist from Primordial.Fucking sound bloke.

Pretty sure the singer is related to G-stereotypical, possibly brothers?

Anyway do people really want underground metal recognised by the mainstream Irish press. I'm not too pushed myself but then I'm not in a metal band.

Pretty sure the singer is related to G-stereotypical, possibly brothers?

Anyway do people really want underground metal recognised by the mainstream Irish press. I'm not too pushed myself but then I'm not in a metal band.

I've heard the lead singer is a handy footballer.

I'd never heard of Primordial so I looked at their site. This is on the front page.

'Like many Irish people right now I don’t know if I can look society square in the eye, or at least the instruments of the church and state without wanting to see them burned to the ground. You can almost taste the betrayal, and it is bitter sweet.'

Half metal, half fintan o'toole. I like that.

I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to find a single mainstream Irish music journalist who knows a jot about metal

Fist time I ever heard Testament, Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies and loads of others was when Eamonn Carr filled in for Dave Fanning in the late 80s

Fist time I ever heard Testament, Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies and loads of others was when Eamonn Carr filled in for Dave Fanning in the late 80s

You mean the late 80s when Melody Maker and NME where championing a load of actually good bands there was no internet and the music industry hadn't yet swallowed up and sucked the life out of radio, television and record shops?

You mean the late 80s when Melody Maker and NME where championing a load of actually good bands there was no internet and the music industry hadn't yet swallowed up and sucked the life out of radio, television and record shops?

could be

the 19 80s right?

Touche.

Any way point being times have changed. Irish mainstream media in general is an embarassment. How it's possible that music journalism can lack scope in a country with three cities and a population less than 4 million is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back