About to take the plunge into the world of DSLR (1 Viewer)

If you wanna spend that kinda money I'd recommend it. I :heart: my 350D, it's got me shit loadsa rep too, not like you'd be swayed by that kinda thing.
that's the problem - i don't know if i want to spend that kinda money... not entirely sure if i'd use it enough.

the problem is i need to replace my C-750, which is going to cost me 400-500 anyways, and i don't want to wind up kicking myself for not taking the DSLR leap now.

that's the problem - i don't know if i want to spend that kinda money... not entirely sure if i'd use it enough.

the problem is i need to replace my C-750, which is going to cost me 400-500 anyways, and i don't want to wind up kicking myself for not taking the DSLR leap now.

I'd say take the leap now but I've been completely devoted to SLR's for years. Once you have the SLR I'd imagine you'll start using it alot more too. Have you looked at the Panasonic Lumix I mentioned before. It's a quality camera at a super price but it's not quite an SLR.

Edit: don't suppose you know anyone who can get the vat back, that would make it alot sweeter/affordable (that's how I did it).

I'd say take the leap now but I've been completely devoted to SLR's for years. Once you have the SLR I'd imagine you'll start using it alot more too. Have you looked at the Panasonic Lumix I mentioned before. It's a quality camera at a super price but it's not quite an SLR.

Edit: don't suppose you know anyone who can get the vat back, that would make it alot sweeter/affordable (that's how I did it).

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/391104/art/panasonic/lumix-dmc-fz50-black.html#

That's a much better Lumix, on account of the fact that it has a manual focus ring as well as auto. Much better camera overall.

I would try and and find a cheaper 350D if I wasn't willing to spend the full money on a 400D. 400D is a better camera, but if you're not going to use it that much.... (you will though).

Or the Olympus Twin Lens kit in Argos.

SLR's are worth their weight in gold.

You could get a good nick second hand Nikon D70 pretty cheap. Plus that would mean you could use second hand lenses from older model Nikons (canon's aren't all that backwards compatable, i'm told).

You could get a good nick second hand Nikon D70 pretty cheap. Plus that would mean you could use second hand lenses from older model Nikons (canon's aren't all that backwards compatable, i'm told).

I've had no problems with backwards campatiblity with Canon. The lense I use with my 350D is about 6/7 years old.

Ignore the lens comment. The kit lens is nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

It's pretty good actually.

Probably the best (and cheapest) initial buy you can get is a circular polariser. About thirty quid in the shop or less than a tenner on geebay.

Though more important than even that, is a UV filter (about a tenner), so you won't have to worry about scratching the glass.

holy shit. ok, i've taken 3 pictures so far.... i'm convinced.

i probably won't be buying anything extra for a while.

except a case. and a second battery.

That's cool.

You don't need a battery. They last for ages.

Not yet.

Even when it goes down to the "Ooh, please charge me bit", it lasts for ages.

(That's like, "half way").

Damned good camera.

Damned good.

TIP: take portraits using RAW mode. Try it with and without. On screen, it will make no difference. Printed, you will notice.

Ah, just try it.

Everything else, go with JPEG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back