A$ton Villa (1 Viewer)

coast to coast

I meant Citeh are rivals with Villa in as much as they are around the same point in the table over the last few years. Of course, City's spending over the last three seasons (including the year of Shinawatra as well as the two of Abu Dhabi) has been preposterous.

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
i hope the o'neill myth is exploded now. next up, man city, eh? once tehy hang mancini out to dry for being fifth in september.

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
au contraie, he made hibs better, he made west brom better. martin o'neills record at villa wasn't even as good as john gregory's. i'm baffled by the martin love in. he's not even as good as big fat sam.

washingcattle

Contributor
Houlier actually might. He did steady the ship at liverpool, win 5 trophies and assemble the squad which won the Champions League (though I believe that was the weakest squad ever to win the CL. Traore for fuck sake)

coast to coast

Houlier actually might. He did steady the ship at liverpool, win 5 trophies and assemble the squad which won the Champions League (though I believe that was the weakest squad ever to win the CL. Traore for fuck sake)

I like Houllier but he's managed to get far too much credit for that Champions League win already, when in reality Rafa and the players deserve all the credit. Its not like he put together a squad that was waiting to win the Champions League. And considering one of Rafa's purchases scored the winners in the last 16, quarters and semis... ah I should shut up.

Houllier will probably be good for Villa. Certainly better than many of the names bandied about - Curbishley, or their reserves coach.

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
hang in there, rafa benitez will be out of a job in a couple of months in anyways. he's the new houllier.

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Lightning Bolt
Whelans
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland
Panikatax, Chimers (Australia), Fierce Shook, Carpark Sci-fi
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Kurt Vile & The Violators
Vicar Street
Vicar St, Saint Catherine's, Dublin, Ireland
100 gecs
Olympia Theatre
72 Dame St, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 K135, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads