A$ton Villa (1 Viewer)

Johnnyc

Looks like The Villa are gonna be taken over this evening/by the end of the week. Likely buyers are either the superbly named Randy Lerner (head of MBNA, owner of an NFL team and probably owner of an MC HAMMER style gaff) or Michael Neville (lifelong Villa fan, plenty of cash and plenty of rich mates). Neville made a 64m bid this afternoon.

As a Villa fan it's exciting stuff, but it's also another step towards the "if you ain't got a sugar daddy, then you ain't got SHIT!" reality of the Permiership now. Villa could end up another millionaires plaything and start making stoopid 20m bids for whichever footballing mercenary happens to be flavour of the month.

12 goals in all competitions last season? not too bad in fairness. And he did win the golden boot in euro 2004

You'll still be fucked though, cos sven is involved in one of the bids. If that bid wins you won't win a thing.

THIS IS ALL EXPECTED. FOOTBALL CLUBS WILL BE RUN JUST LIKE AMERICAN SPORTS FRANCHISES... BIG DIRTY RICH GUYS THROWING MONEY ALL OVER THE PLACE. I SUPPOSE YOU COULD REPLACE THE 'WILL BE' WITH A 'MOST ARE'.

JUST HOPE THAT JAMES DOLAN DON'T DECIDE TO BRANCH OUT. HE OWNS THE NEW YORK KNICKS. LAST YEAR THEY HAD THE BIGGEST PAYROLL IN THE LEAGUE AND THEY MANAGED TO HAVE THE SECOND WORST RECORD. ARGUABLY THE WORST TEAM IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. AMAZING. IT'S COMEDY GOLD.

ASTONQUAANNNDO!!!

Looks like the takeover deal is going through! Villa have accepted a bid from american demi-god, Randy Lerner.

Time to start bidding for players who previously wouldn't have pissed on Villa to put out a fire! Happy days!!!!

Looks like the takeover deal is going through! Villa have accepted a bid from american demi-god, Randy Lerner.

Time to start bidding for players who previously wouldn't have pissed on Villa to put out a fire! Happy days!!!!

time to put money on them for the league - maybe next season. 2 grand ought to be enough.

As a Villa fan it's exciting stuff.

It certainly is! Are we the only two Villa fans on Thumped? Anyone? Anyone?

Apparantly Randy likes to splash the cash and isn't one for putting ticket prices up .

I'm really looking forward to this season. Next season should be even better...

Yeah, Randy sounds like the man.

Going by what fans of the Cleveland Browns have said, he's a real man of the people too and genuinely values the fans. Not afraid to splash the cash either. Recently spend $38m on a player in the US.

Thing is, we've gotta wait a little over a couple of weeks for him to take complete control. Stock market rules state that there is a period of 21 days where another party has the option to bid, once another bid has been accepted. The AV06 group have started bigging up themselves with talks of oil barons and judges and billionaires! So it's looking likely they will bid before that deadline.

Either way we'll likely have a team of atomic superman on the pitch very soon.

I don't know of any other Villa fans on here. Expect plenty of 10 yr olds to start wearing Villa tops in the near future though.

So Doug has finally gone and Lerner is in the hotseat. Villa doing well in the league, fantastic manager at the helm and big cash injection on the way. Europe here we come!

(Scunthorpe will probably beat us tonight)

Bump!

Evening to all the lovely Villa fans on thumped this evening, how the devil are you???

Insane, one minute they're in joining the Steven Pienaar hunt and trying to hang on to James Milner, and the next minute they've no manager. Villa must be one of the most consistently inconsistent club on earth. One league title in 100 years then they win the european cup the next year, finishing second in 93 then nearly getting religated two years later it's like Everton ten years ago but for them it's all the time. Madness. O Neill looked like he'd steadied the ship then he just fucks off. Perhaps his wife is sick again though.

Well if its not personal reasons, I'd say he's sick of them having no money to spend except what they sell each year - and sick of his direct rivals Man CIty being able to pick up their players whilst they've been effectively running to stand-still in sixth. Was chatting to a Villa supporting mate of mine, he and I were both predicting a bad season for them. The idea of selling Milner and making sure you got players from City was interesting tho... get that bald loon so they would have someone in their midfield with a bit of creativity.

City aren't rivals Everton and Spurs are. City can fuck off to a special league for banking and mercinaries. Take Chelsea, Real and United with them. They truly are ruining football.

And before you say it yes I would like a buyer to come in for Everton so would any Villa fan but we're pretty sure that Moyes or O Neill wouldn't just buy half the fucking country to win.

It's a sad day when real football people are forced out by dip-shit share holders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back