A Song of Ice and Fire tv show (1 Viewer)

Reets

Supporter
Solutions
Its fairly old news now but HBO are doing a pilot for George R. R. Martin's ice & fire series.
does anyone know if they've started filming or anything yet?
I'm guessing its going to be fairly censured as even HBO wouldn't be able to show half of the whoring involved, especially as so many of them doing it are 13&14 years old.
i'm almost finished the third book and loving them so far.

they're ment to be doing it as a book a season so maybe 12 episodes a book, though this seems a bit long to me. still, should make my first editions worth a pretty penny :)

I stopped after the 4th one. I don't even have the patience for a TV series lasting six months any more, let alone a series of books spanning years.

Any sign of him finishing the series? I'm getting very browned off with these epics.
You're not the only one, here's a few bits from his from his non-blog blog ( grrm.livejournal.com );

No, it's not done.
Yes, I am aware that more than a year has passed since my last update. A lot of you have been emailing me to point that out. Thanks, but really, I did know. Unlike many of you out there, I got my copies of the Song of Ice & Fire calendar, so I knew what date it was.

I am trying to finish the book by June. I think I can do that. If I do, A DANCE WITH DRAGONS will likely be published in September or October.

(Yes, I am aware that I have previously said that I hoped to finish by the end of 2008. And before that, I said that I hoped to finish by June 2008, before I went to Spain and Portugal. And before that, I said I hoped to finish by the end of 2007. I know, I know, I know. No, I was not lying. I was wrong. And wrong again. And wrong before that. This time I hope that I am right. But you know, I can't swear that in blood. I write one chapter at a time. One page at a time. One word at a time. And then the next.)

and
After all, as some of you like to point out in your emails, I am sixty years old and fat, and you don't want me to "pull a Robert Jordan" on you and deny you your book.

Okay, I've got the message. You don't want me doing anything except A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE. Ever. (Well, maybe it's okay if I take a leak once in a while?)

I think he's a little pissed off!

I realised there was no end in sight when in the third or fourth book your woman that was going around conquering everywhere decides out of the blue to sit on her arse.

The first couple of books were fucking brilliant, the plot was great and the pace was super fast. Then it slowed right down, and more and more (mostly boring) characters were introduced. It became terribly tedious altogether and the million or so characters to date seem to be wandering around aimlessly.

I've just finished the eighth Malazan Empire book by Steven Erikson. Martin is in the ha'penny place compared to this fella. Erikson can write a billion Malazan books and I'll read them all, they're that brillo.

Damn right there, Erikson is the best writer out there right now, the Malazan books are all totally amazing. Esselmont isn't as good as him but he does good enough stories too.

I'm reading Night of Knives to tide me over at the moment, it's pretty good so far. Can't help thinking I should have read it earlier, I hadn't a clue who half the characters at the end of the Bonehunters were.

It was released after The Bonehunters though, and I seem to remember reading that Erikson and Esselmont planned it that way.
I'm just waiting for my da to finish Return Of The Crimson Guard so I can *borrow* it (as they say at AIB).

It was released after The Bonehunters though, and I seem to remember reading that Erikson and Esselmont planned it that way.
I'm just waiting for my da to finish Return Of The Crimson Guard so I can *borrow* it (as they say at AIB).

I have it here, if you live in Dublin town you can borrow it off me. I am intrigued by the Crimson Guard, the way yer man just whacked Rhulad in the street was fucking great. We need to start our own thread on this, although it will probably be just you and me. I did join http://www.malazanempire.com/ but after two posts I reckon they think I'm a bit of a spa.

Yeah I saw that before but can't be arsed joining it.
No need to borrow the book thanks, my da should be finished by the time I see him next week I reckon, at which point I will have it for free because he just gives books to me!
Was it Iron Fingers? Whatever the fuck he was called, the bit where he hammered Rhulad was hilarious! Bad asses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back