A Serious Question from LavajoNation (1 Viewer)

KokaneeCowgirl

Ok, there's a guy who sits directly behind me in an open plan office.

He stinks to high heaven. And not just a little, A LOT. I can smell him from about ten feet away and he makes my eyes water. Everyone else comments about it too. He smells like..I dunno, can't even describe it. I constantly feel the need to spray a bit of perfum around me to counter-act his pong.

How do I inform him in a kind way about his stench? Or should I even bother being kind? His stink is really invading my space.

Could do, I suppose it means I wouldn't have to do anything about it. Wonder if it would be more embarrassing having your boss tell you that you stink or having a female colleague say it?

Either way he'll be despondent & paranoid for a bit.

Happened in an old job of mine where a girl, poor thing was rotten...and some of the other girls turned it into a witch-hunt. Needless to say she handed in her notice after she was pulled aside.

You could ask one of his friends in the office to have a word.

There was a guy in college with me like this. It was crazy. He used to have shit all over the end of his trousers as well and this absolutely maggoty wolly jumper.

4 years - in a small room with no aircon, not even a window - no one said a word to him about it.

There was a guy in college with me like this. It was crazy. He used to have shit all over the end of his trousers as well and this absolutely maggoty wolly jumper.

4 years - in a small room with no aircon, not even a window - no one said a word to him about it.

LOL Gag

The smell is particularly bad today and I notice people's faces contorting as they walk by.

Either way he'll be despondent & paranoid for a bit.

Happened in an old job of mine where a girl, poor thing was rotten...and some of the other girls turned it into a witch-hunt. Needless to say she handed in her notice after she was pulled aside.

You could ask one of his friends in the office to have a word.

There was a girl who used to work with me - "big boned" and the smell off her! Strangely she had the sexyiest phone voice ever though. You'd talk to her on the phone and think - this girl must be a supermodel.... and then you'd meet her.

There was a girl who used to work with me - "big boned" and the smell off her! Strangely she had the sexyiest phone voice ever though. You'd talk to her on the phone and think - this girl must be a supermodel.... and then you'd meet her.

Well this guy is perfectly proportioned, nothing outwardly wrong with him other than he smells like I imagine the asshole of an ape would smell.

Someone here gave one of our more ripe smelling co-workers a can of deoderant in the secret santa thing we do here. I think it worked.

Genuine answer:
Tell your boss to make an announcement to the office/send an email around that says something like:

“Ok, it’s July, the weather is pretty warm and I’d like to remind you all of the importance of personal hygiene. Because we need to maintain comfortable working conditions and in the interest of quality and general hygiene, please remember that it’s important to wash reglarly, especially considering the crazy weather and humidity we’ve had lately. Thanks.”

It’s subtle and not humiliating to the dude.

Genuine answer:
Tell your boss to make an announcement to the office/send an email around that says something like:

“Ok, it’s July, the weather is pretty warm and I’d like to remind you all of the importance of personal hygiene. Because we need to maintain comfortable working conditions and in the interest of quality and general hygiene, please remember that it’s important to wash reglarly, especially considering the crazy weather and humidity we’ve had lately. Thanks.”

Yeah but if you send the messsage to everyone, everyboy will know it is amied directy at that one person.

I think better to have the boss pull him aside quietly.

Genuine answer:

Brilliant Sean I think that's probably the best option. Can't really leave a can of Lynx on his desk as he'd probably suss it was someone sitting near him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back