A new national anthemn (1 Viewer)

cephalopod

Website
www.myspace.com
Isn't it time Ireland moved boldly into the 21st century and we made Journey: Don't Stop Believing our new national anthemn? I'm getting Ray Darcy on board for this campaign.

please excuse my mispelling of anthem

Oh yeah, I was in a popular nightclub in Sligo town last night, and at the end of the night everyone stood for amhran na bhfiann! I was laughing away and my buddy accused me of being 'unpatriotic'. Didn't realise we lived in Uzbekistan.

yeah the national anthem is always hilarious.

young man, dont be afraid to be proud of your country

bertie wanted to change it to "a nation once again" a few years ago

They used to play it at the end of the night in Barcode and every week there was a fight because some drunken cunts started on people sitting down during the anthem. Fucking Assholes.

There's something so tragic about drunken apes swaying back and forward in an Irish nightclub, attempting to look solemn and thinking they are doing their bit for the country as the anthem plays. Its fucked up.

I'll win the queen of the land. this and my self-knitted aran weddin dress will attract potentential suitors won't it?

look at me spellins tho, don't tell the papers i rely on spell check. I hope its not too hot tomorrow like this if im goin to wear my dress to mass, but thanks for the idea Shaney, you really think that would work?

please excuse my mispelling of anthem

Oh yeah, I was in a popular nightclub in Sligo town last night, and at the end of the night everyone stood for amhran na bhfiann! I was laughing away and my buddy accused me of being 'unpatriotic'. Didn't realise we lived in Uzbekistan.

They still do that? I was at my cousin's 21st in a Cavan years ago when it happened and got some seriously dirty looks when I remained sitting. It's fucking ridiculous, if the anthem means anything (it doesn't as far as I'm concerned) playing it as a way to tell drunks that it's time to go home demeans it and disrespects it far more than anyone not standing for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back