90s night (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Has this been mentioned on thumped? A 1990s rocker gathering in the Grand Social tonight.
starsareunderground.jpg

I watched the documentary last night. First time I'd seen it. Female Hercules were one of the greatest bands to come out of this country.

When I was in my late teens early twenties I was a bit of a misfit didn't really know anyone in that scene. I always thought Reynald was the coolest guy in town though and when I eventually got my first band together I worked up the courage to go into Flip, drop him in a CD and ask him to consider us for a support band sometime.

First off, I couldn't believe how nice a dude he was. He was so charismatic and cool that I expected him to be a bit aloof but he was so friendly. Good to his word, he checked us out and phoned me up and sorted us out with a support slot in the Rumble Club. Real trial by fire stuff, but it ended up being one of my favourite shows ever.

Wormhole are another huge favourite of mine. First saw them play supporting Mogwai in Whelans. Mind was completely blown and it turned me on to a lot of new ideas. Played on the same bill with those guys a couple times in later guises over the years and they're the real deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back