5 reasons to support the harry callaghan weekend. (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
1. The event is remembering the tenth anniversary of the death of one of the pioneers of what we have today, unfortunately people in southern ireland know more about the history of the punk scene in los angeles or berkely than they do of the history of the scene in their own country. Harry was a unique contributor to irish punk culture through his zines, poems, bands and his all round commitment to being a punk when it was really a challenge and an affront to the authorities.

2. Harry not only contributed through the creative things he did but by being friendly, intelligent, humurous and welcoming, obviously like anyone he had his ups and downs but he played a role in a lot of people getting into punk who might otherwise have dismissed it as unfriendly and elitist. Harry was a good friend and a father. Much missed.

3. Theres going to be a real good mix of people at it with a big crowd expected from london, many old faces pledging to turn up and harrys ma, his son and his and brother coming along, this should be a good social event.

4. The event is a two day punk bash in dublin on a bank holiday weekend with three events, one free, two all ages and lots of really good music - lots of good bands and other stuff.

5. The event is being organised on a completely non profit basis by a few people invovled in the scene in ireland for the sole reason of remembering one of our own, not for money, not for self promotion.

please support the weekend, tell your mates, spread the word. full details in the october gigs sticky.

Cant fuckin wait to see the good oul restarts, last time i seen them was in the international and it was fuckin class, should be a good weekend!.|..| The freebooters aswell, ill be headin to the one in the bohs bar coz the voodoo is a bit, how do i put it, muck!

Stanto said:
Cant fuckin wait to see the good oul restarts, last time i seen them was in the international and it was fuckin class, should be a good weekend!.|..| The freebooters aswell, ill be headin to the one in the bohs bar coz the voodoo is a bit, how do i put it, muck!

ah em, tell the trruth now cause its out there ya know :)

bohs punks said:
next weekend folks, with the the moutpiece ainsley house gig on the firday htis looks liek a mad weekend.

FRIDAY 28 OCTOBER- Pre Harry Fest warm-up with:

ROOSKY

MOUTPIECE

Mr BLUEFACE

+ ROCK JIHAD DJ'S

ANNESELY HOUSE, NORTH STRAND (5 mins north of Connolly Station).

8.30-12.30. 5 Euro.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back