2009-2010 Championship Thread (1 Viewer)

Still No Striker

had hopes for Helguson this year but seems to have had a poor pre season

Vine - good player but not a goalscorer and maybe not fully recovered from injury

Agyemang - Shite

New Italian guy - no idea but not expecting much

Taarabt? Think he played up front against the saints and impressed.

Hasn't young Balanta knocked a few in pre-season as well?

I'm more alarmed at the lack of full backs to be honest.

They are both good players but seem to be more midfielders than strikers to me.

full backs are a worry all right. find it annoying that QPR have continued to stack up midfielders without looking at the obvious areas where players are badly needed.

saying all that i reckon if we get off to a good start we will do well this year.

Taarabt? Think he played up front against the saints and impressed.

Hasn't young Balanta knocked a few in pre-season as well?

I'm more alarmed at the lack of full backs to be honest.

No harm missing out on Lita anyway. I think he's over-rated.

What do ye think of "Player"? I don't like that you can't let a video load and then go back to the start and watch it the whole way through. Can't download the videos either. Pretty crap imho, unless you have good broadband. Haven't tried listening to a match live yet. With the BBC showing highlights on Saturday night, is it worth it? I wonder..

I just signed up for player, seems ok. I had world a few years ago and it was a bit shit. I'm hoping the highlights will be a bit better now. Only £4 for the month, if it's still shite then I just won't renew.

Sounds like we're all over Blackpool.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice to see Lee Camp keep a clean sheet for Notts Forest. At least they had the decency to not allow Blackstock to play and get a few goals.

Good that Duff scored. Hope it gets his confidence up for Ireland. Sounds like it was an entertaining game.

Disappointed to draw, but of anyone I wouldn't grudge giving the two points to Ollie... "My boys are disappointed we didn't win but I have to say I'd have felt like a complete robber if we had won."

Bit of a QPR related rant here. Sorry.

Why do they keep starting Agyemang? He isn't a striker. He can't score goals. Agyemang got an assist in our 5-0 over Exeter. That's hardly good enough. Pellicori was our first striker this season to score a goal and his reward was to sit on the bench for all of the next match. Maybe there's issues with his fitness, I don't know.

I think it was expecting a bit much starting Faurlin the other night. Would have been better bringing him on as a sub when the pace has slackened imho.

Bah.

Come back Gerry Francis. All is forgiven.

[/RANT]

same ol story it seems. very close to being a good side but falling short. Reckon we will get someone in before the transfer window closes though most likely some injury prone hasbeen like Helguson.

Rowlands coming back will help i reckon. him getting injured last season was when everything went to shit.

You won't win anything with kids.

I read somewhere that Flavio was getting all manner of abuse thrown at him Tuesday. He'll be on his bike soon enough, leaving us hugely in debt and facing bankruptcy, you mark my words.

He's not exactly Mike Ashley is he? At least now we have really good footballers like Buzsaky, Leigertwood etc and we're not back against the wall every season. I stopped reading all of QPR message boards because of all the hate directed at the board. If he does leave QPR, it's not like we could actually be much worse off than before he came along. Personally I'd like to see Paladini walk. He seems to be responsible for the worst of our dealings e.g. selling Blackstock.

I actually meant buz could go. Contract up at the end of the season, and for all his qualities he's ether injured or more recently not giving a shit.

The QPR boards are pretty painful at times. If QPR lose tomorrow it will be two weeks (int break) of pure misery and if they win it will be unbridled optimism.

Impossible to predict how this campaign will go but there is no excuse for not at least challenging for the playoffs.

Can't see Briatore walking away. His ego and wallet won't allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back