2 Guitar Cabs (1 Viewer)

GStormcrow

cabs5nx.jpg

insidecabs5gk.jpg

Each 12" speaker is 65W so thats 130W per cab. I had planned on making a new cab and putting all four speakers into one cab so if anyone wants to do that and buys the two I'll offer a discount

Each cab is two 16ohm speakers wired in Parallel to give an output of 8ohms as seen here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~iktoblikto/parallel_2x12.pdf

Also if someone is thinking of buying the two, you can also make a wire to hook both up at once (instead of putting into a single cab)

http://home.earthlink.net/~iktoblikto/series_cab_wiring.pdf

If anyone wants to come try them out they'll have to bring their own head. They sound good and are loud enough for gigs I think

€85 each or both for €150

So what would happen if you ran an amp with a 4ohm impedance through them?
Would it fuck up the cabs?

zebra heart attack said:
it would fuck up the amp i think. but you could wire the four speakers in parallel for 4ohm?

always confuses me.
Is there anywhere that explains in simple language this process?

What do you mean by wire the four speakers in parralell?

Yup if you wire the 4 speakers in parallel the output would be 4ohms. Its not hard to do. Just desolder the wires, rearrange their positioning so they are in parallel, Solder them in place and you have a four ohm cab

These are perfect for trying this out as the speakers are pretty good and it wont cost as much

Right therefore..

If I have a 4ohm head with two outputs and I wire the speakers in each cab parrallell then my head could push those two cabs with no damage using the two outputs?

No because you have to wire the 4 speakers in parallel to get an output of 4 ohms. Two wired in parallel, ie each cab as it is has an output of 8 ohms. Does your head have two 4 ohm outputs? What head have you got

GStormcrow said:
No because you have to wire the 4 speakers in parallel to get an output of 4 ohms. Two wired in parallel, ie each cab as it is has an output of 8 ohms. Does your head have two 4 ohm outputs? What head have you got

Im just thinking about my bass head which has 2 4ohm outputs but,loan depending I would be using a JCM 800,which I think you can switch the ohmage?? between 8 and 4.

brian.html said:
Im just thinking about my bass head which has 2 4ohm outputs but,loan depending I would be using a JCM 800,which I think you can switch the ohmage?? between 8 and 4.

800s can go between 4, 8 and 16.

mr gstormcrow, would you be willing to sell one cab without the speakers?

isn't it totally fine to do what brian wants to do without rewiring anything.. eg 2 x 16 ohms = 8 ohms which is still less than 4 ohms.. i was always under the impression that as long as the cab's ohms were equal to or less than the heads ohms you were fine.
i was playing an 8ohm head through a 16 ohm cab for a year and a half and nothing bad ever happened.

damien said:
isn't it totally fine to do what brian wants to do without rewiring anything.. eg 2 x 16 ohms = 8 ohms which is still less than 4 ohms.. i was always under the impression that as long as the cab's ohms were equal to or less than the heads ohms you were fine.
i was playing an 8ohm head through a 16 ohm cab for a year and a half and nothing bad ever happened.
Thats what I always thought.Im playing my bass head through a an 8 ohm cab and its 4 ohm.

The ohms on the head should be equal or less than the cabs. Keep in mind when using two cabs,2x a6 ohm cabs equals 8 ohms,so the amp should be 8 or less.

€120 for the pair. Buyer must collect in clondalkin. Both speakers working fine last time I checked but havent used them in months so sold as seen

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back