1408 (1 Viewer)

eoghan_dubhdara

scary film with john cusack. from the start it seems mundane but your led into a soft secure feeling. but when the scary shit starts... i swear to god i didnt touch my popcorn for the whole of the film had over three quarters left... its that good. didnt have loads of plugs. frightened me a few times.. properly. didnt have much gore or bloody scenes but it was very atmospheric and the music score was fantastique. i'd compare it to texas chain saw massacare 1978 version for pure putting the willies up you. then at the very end your left feeling is it going to happen again another 60mins. go see it

It's a classic! Scariest movie I think I've ever seen.. not cheap scares either.. there are some really weird and original tricks in it. There are also some (intentionally) funny bits, which is very rare for a horror movie.

I'm on a Stephen King kick now.. watched Misery last night as well and trying to track down some other stuff..

Go see it. Run Fatboy Run is shite. Just saying, in case that's the alternative.

It was good up until a point, I thought there was some good scares in it and John Cusack is always worth watching but as with a lot of Steven King ideas he just didn't seem to know how to end it so by the end I just didn't care what happened.

rubbish!
fucking rubbish.
john cusack is a fuckng dickhead.
why do people say he's cool?

it looked like it was directed by someone fresh from making music videos.
had potential but descended into silliness.

This film was a load of balls. It was ok until he checked into the room and then the cliches started to rack up.

I don't know how anyone can find this garbage scary.

Ooooooohhh scary, flickery tv ghosts jumping out the window and it's a bit cold in the room! Terrifying.

Don't go. Like Wilbert was saying, it was a bit of fun until he got into the room. After about 10 minutes in the room it just turned tedious. Roll out the horror cliches! And then towards the end they didn't seem to know what to do with it.

I thought 1408 was a bit of good fun. Yeah, there are a load of horror cliches in there, and no, it's definitely not pushing any boundaries, but it's based on a Stephen King story, so what do you expect? Anyway, it's a bit of a giggle and good to see John Cusack play something other than a charmer. And as endings to haunted house(/room) movies go, this is definitely one of the better ones. Which isn't tough considering most of the rest are a load of gee.

I thought 1408 was a bit of good fun. Yeah, there are a load of horror cliches in there, and no, it's definitely not pushing any boundaries, but it's based on a Stephen King story, so what do you expect? Anyway, it's a bit of a giggle and good to see John Cusack play something other than a charmer. And as endings to haunted house(/room) movies go, this is definitely one of the better ones. Which isn't tough considering most of the rest are a load of gee.

Yeah, agreed.
I didn't expect anything of it. In fact I got exactly what I wanted, which was lots of mindless silliness and John Cusack. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back