11.22.63 (1 Viewer)

Why are we supposed to care so much about him and his girlfriend?
he's supposed to be saving Kennedy, but it's being treated like a goddamn afterthought
The relationship looms large in the book. I think she'll have her part to play. It's the Scrappy Doo element with your man that grates. Is this just so they can do exposition to one another? I think I'd rather a voice over. Travelling through time stopping assassinations is a solitary joint, I'd have thought.

For a book that's 3 and a half years long, it's kinda silly. And they've somehow made the tv show even sillier.

The relationship looms large in the book. I think she'll have her part to play. It's the Scrappy Doo element with your man that grates. Is this just so they can do exposition to one another? I think I'd rather a voice over. Travelling through time stopping assassinations is a solitary joint, I'd have thought.

For a book that's 3 and a half years long, it's kinda silly. And they've somehow made the tv show even sillier.
Is the kid in the book?
He's annoying as fuck.

He seems to be there so James Franco's character isn't there doing all the fucking up.
But Franco missed the General whatshisface assassination attempt because of his own bullshit. That wasn't the kid's fault.

Also at a certain point, shouldn't he just drive back to Maine and have a do over?

The kid isn't in the book. There's a Bill, but he's an older lad. And in the book he has a do-over or two. Which is handy, when you think about it, seeing as he's fucked it up repeatedly thus far.

The kid isn't in the book. There's a Bill, but he's an older lad. And in the book he has a do-over or two. Which is handy, when you think about it, seeing as he's fucked it up repeatedly thus far.
Like the girl has her face destroyed - as a direct result of him putting it up to the husband about his nappies - and he's still thinking "I'll stick with the plan"

Sidenote. Oswald's wife is still alive says wikipedia.

Like the girl has her face destroyed - as a direct result of him putting it up to the husband about his nappies - and he's still thinking "I'll stick with the plan"

Sidenote. Oswald's wife is still alive says wikipedia.
HA! I checked that myself. She's a mere 74. And Oswald was only 24 when he (maybe?) did the dead. A ducking child. Jesus.

Franco is so confrontational in this, he's hardly flying under the radar.

HA! I checked that myself. She's a mere 74. And Oswald was only 24 when he (maybe?) did the dead. A ducking child. Jesus.

Franco is so confrontational in this, he's hardly flying under the radar.
And he told the Russian guy there's a plot to kill Kennedy. He's totally fucking it up.

Also, if you're going to make bets, go to Vegas. For the love of Christ.
I'd be so much better at this. Ha.

I think I may have crossed the point into hate watching.

I hate to use the word shambles....actually, that's not true. Love the word. It's a shambles.

The lad's travelled from New England to Texas. Vegas wouldn't be too much of a stretch, would it?

this started on Sky living last night

posting in this thread without reading any other posts cos I'm obviously behind the rest of you.

Watched the first half of the first episode. Will watch the rest later. Good start though. I remember almost nothing from when I read the book. I don't know if thats because its not staying loyal to the book, or if I've just forgotten it all anyway. Looking forward to the rest of it. The 1960s sets look great.

watched the finale last night.

you know, I could have saved myself the bother of watching this series and just watched the finale. Theres very little you'd have missed out on.

Overall this was utter shite though.

It sagged in the middle. As in from ep 2-7. The Finale was okay. But it was a mess. Yer man who played Lee Hawwvay Oswald was pretty good, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back