10 Most Dangerous Books (1 Viewer)

The bias in the summary's is really ugly.

i have read none of those books though. They should have a read of "management and cost accounting" 6th edition by Colin Drury :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Marx theorized that the inevitable eventual outcome would be global proletarian revolution. He could not have predicted 21st Century America: a free, affluent society based on capitalism and representative government that people the world over envy and seek to emulate.

arf

Honorable Mention

Silent spring

by Rachel Carson
Score: 9

thought i'd have a google of it.......

The Story of Silent Spring
How a courageous woman took on the chemical industry and raised important questions about humankind's impact on nature.

and the scary thing is those guys are mostly academics in positions of power. i would be suprised if they manage to keep their personal views out of what they teach. then again one of my politics lecturers has said he is an atheist and implied that people who are relgious are stupid several times so i guess it works both ways.

it is impossible not to express your views on what you are teaching in social science but it is important to make the effort and be as objective as possible.

I think you'll find all lecturers are pricks.

But the idea is that they want you to disagree with them, so you'll actually excersice your mind, rather than regurgitating what's in the books, with no real understanding of what you're actually talking about.

I've found lecturers respect you more if you disagree and argue with them. Well, in subjects where that's possible.

[FONT=&quot]
seanc said:

But the idea is that they want you to disagree with them, so you'll actually excersice your mind, rather than regurgitating what's in the books, with no real understanding of what you're actually talking about.

I've found lecturers respect you more if you disagree and argue with them. Well, in subjects where that's possible.

would agree with you there but the main problem in my course seems to be getting people to read the material. Also I only have one politics module this semester and although the lecturer is good he doesn’t open up to questions really.

But last semester when I had the lecturer I mentioned earlier he took a lot of suggestions from the class and there was one guy who would come up with some of the worst, unsubstantiated opinions known to man. Sometimes it can be better to not have to talk about things cause people just come out with some really bad stuff[/FONT]

Doesn't matter if anyone else reads the material, as long as you can back up your ideas reasonably well. My main point was that lecturers will respect you more if you argue with them, and it'll reflect well on you when they're grading your work, in exams or whatever.

Don't worry about the idiots. If you want you can argue with them too, they'll shut up eventually, but I wouldn't bother, you're the one who has to do your exams and shit at the end of the year. That's what you gotta focus on.

Listen to meeeeeeeeee, I am ooold and wiiiiisssseeee,uuuuh, and shit.

seanc said:
Doesn't matter if anyone else reads the material, as long as you can back up your ideas reasonably well. My main point was that lecturers will respect you more if you argue with them, and it'll reflect well on you when they're grading your work, in exams or whatever.

Don't worry about the idiots. If you want you can argue with them too, they'll shut up eventually, but I wouldn't bother, you're the one who has to do your exams and shit at the end of the year. That's what you gotta focus on.

Listen to meeeeeeeeee, I am ooold and wiiiiisssseeee,uuuuh, and shit.

i dont bother arguing with them :cool::cool::cool: but this one guy in particular would just interupt the flow of the whole class and that was frustrating as some of the concepts were hard to follow as they could be technical stuff about electoral rules or rational choice theory.

seanc said:

hm

nietzsche, marx, foucault, Dewey, Engels, Darwin.

These are some great books, what a fucking looper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back