▒▒▒▒▒memories▒▒▒▒▒ (1 Viewer)

should there be an election of an executive committee then? my stab at role definitions...

1. ideas man (x2)
2. stall manager
3. distribution (x2)
3.1 administration
3.2 fulfillment
4. touring / logistics (x4)
4.1 booker, promoter
4.2 booker, promoter
4.3 admin, equipment
4.4 admin, equipment
5. chef

i'm totally up for either 'ideas man' or 'chef'.

i also know a place that isn't a pub where people could meet for free in kilmainham. i'll have to double check but i think it would be ok. kitchen and kettle available too!

hag said:
i'm totally up for either 'ideas man' or 'chef'.
And there's the trouble right there. Everyone wants to think of deadly ideas, no-one wants to actually do any work

If there was to be another TYM, it'd have to start off with a handful of people with a particular project in mind, and the expertise and committment to complete the project within the original group. Something like (as has been mentioned before) Ladyfest. Our all-talk-little-action behaviour was symptomatic I think of a lack of common purpose - Kieran wanted to organise tours, Billy wanted to bring all the local labels under a common distribution umbrella, Tom wanted to destroy the music industry, etc etc Meetings often consisted of someone making a compelling case for why something should be done, everyone would agree, then someone else would make a case for something else, we'd all agree ... and then nothing would happen.

egg_ said:
And there's the trouble right there. Everyone wants to think of deadly ideas, no-one wants to actually do any work

If there was to be another TYM, it'd have to start off with a handful of people with a particular project in mind, and the expertise and committment to complete the project within the original group. Something like (as has been mentioned before) Ladyfest. Our all-talk-little-action behaviour was symptomatic I think of a lack of common purpose - Kieran wanted to organise tours, Billy wanted to bring all the local labels under a common distribution umbrella, Tom wanted to destroy the music industry, etc etc Meetings often consisted of someone making a compelling case for why something should be done, everyone would agree, then someone else would make a case for something else, we'd all agree ... and then nothing would happen.
here egg / conor - remember when someone was going to move all the useful threads from the things board over to the new board i set up to act as an archive? was that ever done?

Now I'm in London, I'd like to bring over bands. Not every week or anything - maybe once or twice in a blue moon.

And I'd like to do a compilation thing for this label in New York who do compilations for the Japanese market (and they sell them in New York).

These have been at the back of my mind for ages - might get my shit together and do them.

Anyone up for either?

egg_ said:

i actually speciaise in delivery. my job title is service delivery manager. but yeah, when the scope is too wide, nothing gets done. delegating projects would seem to be a sensible thing to do. at least someone is then held accountable and if they fuck up, they get a baiting here on thumped.

MacFlecknoe said:
Now I'm in London, I'd like to bring over bands. Not every week or anything - maybe once or twice in a blue moon.

And I'd like to do a compilation thing for this label in New York who do compilations for the Japanese market (and they sell them in New York).

These have been at the back of my mind for ages - might get my shit together and do them.

Anyone up for either?
hey billy. if you ever get a chance to go and see montana pete, you need to do it.

That's enough shop talk outta you, Hag. You should get a moustachioed alter-ego for when you're being nasty and unhelpful. The confusion is killing me!

hag said:
hey billy. if you ever get a chance to go and see montana pete, you need to do it.

Okay. How do I go and see this Montana Pete you speak of? Is he a Native American or does he dress like one? And, more importantly, should I dress like a Native American when I meet him?

There's some really good buffalo out here - which is nice for me, in a cannibalistic way.

MacFlecknoe said:
Okay. How do I go and see this Montana Pete you speak of? Is he a Native American or does he dress like one? And, more importantly, should I dress like a Native American when I meet him?

There's some really good buffalo out here - which is nice for me, in a cannibalistic way.
london band, but you knew that. some pretty amazing london bands, you'll never hear about them in the papers though. i think ESG play there every 6 months or so too.... ESG...... make my brain dance.

GrRrrrR said:
That's enough shop talk outta you, Hag. You should get a moustachioed alter-ego for when you're being nasty and unhelpful. The confusion is killing me!
that's not a bad idea. i could have hag and gah or something. and every time gah said something mean, people would know i was messing and that would make it alright, no? even if i said true stuff people didn't want to hear, right? ;) bring back pope. i need an enemy, it's fucking killing me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back