€15 to see the Revs? Thats a bit steep. (1 Viewer)

Re: Re: €15 to see the Revs? Thats a bit steep.

Originally posted by figs

in all fairness, the strokes were a band who'd just started and had only one album and a couple of (dreadful) singles to their name when they played the music centre last year, but there wasnt much uproar about them charging whatever it was they charged (for the sake of my argument, please no one tell me if was £5 or something small). I don't think it's a question of a band being new, it's more a question of popularity. If you're popular you charge more, and the Revs are quite popular with the young folk...

To be fair, the Strokes were on a world tour at the time and had travelled from New York to do this gig. The Revs are local and had no such expenses incurred with their gig. Also, you are in the minoritywho think that the Strokes singles were dreadful. There is nothing new in The Strokes music but they do it very well. The Revs on the other hand are shit. Turning Japanese is actually a song about jerking off. I cannot think of a more appropriate song for the Revs to cover.

Re: Re: Re: €15 to see the Revs? Thats a bit steep.

Originally posted by Trisky
Also, you are in the minority who think that the Strokes singles were dreadful.... The Revs on the other hand are shit.

It must be great to be so right.
Are you right all the time?
I bet you are.

Re: Re: Re: Re: €15 to see the Revs? Thats a bit steep.

Jaykers Keeror you're in very bad form entirely these days.

90 people paid in the see The Revs on Thursday apparently ... serves em right for charging so much

Re: Re: Re: Re: €15 to see the Revs? Thats a bit steep.

Originally posted by Keeror

It must be great to be so right.
Are you right all the time?
I bet you are.

Just an opinion Keeror. Do you always get out of your pram when someones opinion is different from yours. Are you going to cry now? Are you? Have you wet yourself? Get a life you big fucking loser!

If I was in a band that were getting this much attention, i'd be a happy chappie.

It's better to be talked about... etc etc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: €15 to see the Revs? Thats a bit steep.

Originally posted by egg_
Jaykers Keeror you're in very bad form entirely these days.

Bah! Toothache!
Bah! Lack of irony button!

Bah!

Well, it depends on the band and the other people involved: if they are money oriented that's easy to explain:

Say you suppose that if you charge 7 Euros 200 people will go to your gig, if you charge 10 you'll have 130 and if you charge 15 there will be 100

Then:

7 x 200 = 1400
10 x 130 = 1300
15 x 100 = 1500

This is just an example, some band could consider more important having the venue packed than making more money out of it. Probably this is not the case of The Keds or, more likely, of the other people involved.

However, 90 people .... :D

speaking as a young capitalist, I think the Revs really have themselves tuned into Radio Youth and play the [dis]chords of teenage alienation. But they're clever enough to realise that pop-punk can pay.

Originally posted by Bob Quinn
speaking as a young capitalist, I think the Revs really have themselves tuned into Radio Youth and play the [dis]chords of teenage alienation. But they're clever enough to realise that pop-punk can pay.

Thats brilliant, I laughed out loud too... That hasent happened in a while!

the revs aren't good looking enough to charge 15 bucks into their gigs.

the strokes can charge what they want because they are HOT.

its as easy as that.

spas.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: €15 to see the Revs? Thats a bit steep.

Originally posted by Trisky

Just an opinion Keeror. Do you always get out of your pram when someones opinion is different from yours. Are you going to cry now? Are you? Have you wet yourself? Get a life you big fucking loser!

wow! I really wasn't arsed replying when you replied to my post, but man, that's just pathetic! Come on, try harder...

Originally posted by pee pee
the revs aren't good looking enough to charge 15 bucks into their gigs.

the strokes can charge what they want because they are HOT.

its as easy as that.

by that logic, how much should we charge in to the coldspoon conspiracy/joan of arse/chalets gig for july 6th?

i think the ugly people just might cancel the pretty people out.
free gig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back