Tesco twat-apples (1 Viewer)

CitySickness

Website
Visit site
They sell these trays of 4 Fuji apples in my local Tesco, for 2.59. Now don't get me wrong, these are some tasty apples, although they're quite expensive. If someone were to say "How do you like them apples", I'd say "Yeah, quite a bit actually, thanks."

But that's not the point.

Two racks down, they sell trays of 4 Tesco Finest Fuji apples, for 2.99. They are the same apples. Same size, same on-fruit label, same class, same trees, but 40c dearer. Because they are The Finest, you understand.

I know Tesco (and most supermarkets) would dearly love to sell the same product at different prices, at whatever price the customer/dupe is willing to pay, but isn't this just a bit, I dunno... blatant?

It's funny you should say that - what I do with the Sugar Puffs is feed the dog a bowl or two, then collect the resulting Sugar Puff-y urine using a Büchner flask and a pipette, boil most of it off over the fire and then sprinkle the rest into a fresh pack, then back to the shelf with it.

The dog loves it.

They sell these trays of 4 Fuji apples in my local Tesco, for 2.59. Now don't get me wrong, these are some tasty apples, although they're quite expensive. If someone were to say "How do you like them apples", I'd say "Yeah, quite a bit actually, thanks."

Two racks down, they sell trays of 4 Tesco Finest Fuji apples, for 2.99. They are the same apples. Same size, same on-fruit label, same class, same trees, but 40c dearer. Because they are The Finest, you understand.

I know Tesco (and most supermarkets) would dearly love to sell the same product at different prices, at whatever price the customer/dupe is willing to pay, but isn't this just a bit, I dunno... blatant?
could be down to the grading of the fruit

definitely the same apples?

There is a subtle yet noticable difference between Tesco Melton Mowbray pork pies and their Finest equivalent. Finest being nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back