Buzzo! Makeup and Shoe Thread (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
2005_1020Image0093.JPG

Also, anyone tried the new MAC Lipgelee? I tried it once, and I liked it, but I'm still not sure if it's worth buying?

Laydeez: describe your ideal pair of shoes.

Mine would be just the right height so my trousers didn't drag on the ground, but not so high that I can't walk in them, good for the feet (so softish-soled), brown or black, good quality leather, don't wear out after a month (so not Clarks), and girly but still sensible. Maybe have a little bit of a strap or something, but not too busy.

I'm sure I can think of more exciting pairs of shoes, but that's what I've got on the brain for now.

ETA:
2005_0929Image0085.JPG

"We don't need shoes, but we appreciate cuddles."

Ladies: please post images of cute animals with your replies.
Lads: piss off

I :heart: Jane.

My shoes:
- round toes/open toe round shaped absolutely essential
- 3-4" heels
- black or bright colours
- they must make me dizzy the first time I see em.
- I'll probably only wear em twice a year or something but I don't care. As long as I know they're there somewhere in my wardrobe I'll be happy.

Why is it that whenever I try to go for sexy smokey eyes, if I put anything below the lower lid I look like Rosie off coronation street?

I VERY cautiously try to put a small bit of brown eyeliner below my eye, but I still feel like I end up looking very 80s. And if you put it too close to the eye, rather than define, it just makes yiz look gee-eyed.

But I feel your eyeliner pain. I try, too, and it often fails miserably. I've only ever tried 'smoky eyes' once or twice, and I looked like a skaghead.

PS: don't forget your animal pic!
heather_baby.jpg

"Hey, Buzzo, otters don't care about your eyeliner! We just want your love!"

Do you like high heels Mondobrutale?

Jane, fraid I can't post pictures coz I don't know how to on this machine.

Does anyone here wear those pants that make you look like youre English and call people peasants? The half ones? If so, why?

Queen Buzzo said:
Does anyone here wear those pants that make you look like youre English and call people peasants? The half ones? If so, why?

i do but not in public. they're really tight see? so they serve as a corset for a fat arse. perfect for the asda slap.

jane said:
I VERY cautiously try to put a small bit of brown eyeliner below my eye, but I still feel like I end up looking very 80s. And if you put it too close to the eye, rather than define, it just makes yiz look gee-eyed.

But I feel your eyeliner pain. I try, too, and it often fails miserably. I've only ever tried 'smoky eyes' once or twice, and I looked like a skaghead.

Every time I see Keira Knightley, queen of Les Smokey Eyes, I get frustrated. Bleedin make-up artists. I think I tried once, failed, wept, pulled myself together, wept, and then wandered off. Eyeliner on lower lash-region is sound, and is a staple of mine, but it's the apparent smudgey thing you have to do - bah.

Anway, yeah..........Roxy's dog asleep. Upside down. The mood just takes her from time to time. But she was completely conked here inanyways.

HPIM0753.jpg

Queen Buzzo said:

i like my women barefoot and subservient

roxy said:
Every time I see Keira Knightley, queen of Les Smokey Eyes, I get frustrated. Bleedin make-up artists. I think I tried once, failed, wept, pulled myself together, wept, and then wandered off. Eyeliner on lower lash-region is sound, and is a staple of mine, but it's the apparent smudgey thing you have to do - bah.

I had occasion a few weeks ago to be done up by a proper makeup artist (not a BT makeup-counter chick, neither, a 'real' one), and she managed to make me look both like I was wearing NO makeup, and like I had really good skin and well-defined eyes and all that blubber. I tried to pay close attention to what she was doing, but I have been unable to replicate it at all at all. I either look like I'm wearing no makeup (and not in a good way) or I look like Shirley Temple Bar, and cannot manage the desirable in-betweeny zone of glamorous without being too overstated.

Queen Buzzo said:

The ones that go to just below the knee (capri pants, are they called?) I think they're cool, although I don't own any. I prefer that look to the skinny jeans inside knee-high boots look.

Can anyone recommend a good eyeliner that comes in a range of colours, is easy to apply and doesn't smudge or fade..? I've started wearing green eyeliner (some L'Oreal one) and it's requiring a lot of upkeep throughout the day.

Also, does anyone have any tips on make-up storage? I know some products keep better in the fridge, but I don't know which ones. My mascaras always go crappy and tacky within a few weeks; there must be some way to of preventing this?

Zeelander said:
The ones that go to just below the knee (capri pants, are they called?) I think they're cool, although I don't own any. I prefer that look to the skinny jeans inside knee-high boots look.

Can anyone recommend a good eyeliner that comes in a range of colours, is easy to apply and doesn't smudge or fade..? I've started wearing green eyeliner (some L'Oreal one) and it's requiring a lot of upkeep throughout the day.

Also, does anyone have any tips on make-up storage? I know some products keep better in the fridge, but I don't know which ones. My mascaras always go crappy and tacky within a few weeks; there must be some way to of preventing this?

I have several pairs of 3/4 length trousers and I love them, but anyone who tucks anything inside a boot should be mangled.

If you use a base of some kind, you might find your eyeliner stays better, but I have the same problem. I know Kirstie swears by She-lac (by Benefit), and I occasionally use it, but I fear I am too clumsy for such things.

I have no mascara advice, except that I quite like Benefit's Bad Gal, and find it doesn't go as clumpy as some of the others.

jane said:
I have several pairs of 3/4 length trousers and I love them, but anyone who tucks anything inside a boot should be mangled.

If you use a base of some kind, you might find your eyeliner stays better, but I have the same problem. I know Kirstie swears by She-lac (by Benefit), and I occasionally use it, but I fear I am too clumsy for such things.

I have no mascara advice, except that I quite like Benefit's Bad Gal, and find it doesn't go as clumpy as some of the others.

Thanks Jane, will investigate these; cheers!

one of those tom's of maine soaps/body bar does weird things to my hands.

that's make-up innit.

cosmeticy items:
yesterday i spent 13 quid on burt's bees moisturiser. i am a fiend for their stuff. also a tenner on their deodorant. it's not tested on animals and it's full of yummy stuff.

general appearance:
jane! remember how i looked at yr birthday when mr dexta's sister did my hair and make-up? she's working her magic on me again for graduation on monday. i'm going to be goooooorrrrrgeous.

shoes:
in schuh they have this range of stuff, i can't remember what it's called but they're so quirky and shiny and colourful and sparkly and amaaaaaazing. if i can figure out how to walk in heels they will be MINE. at graduation only your shoes are visible, so they better be good.

Super Dexta said:
cosmeticy items:
yesterday i spent 13 quid on burt's bees moisturiser. i am a fiend for their stuff. also a tenner on their deodorant. it's not tested on animals and it's full of yummy stuff.

general appearance:
jane! remember how i looked at yr birthday when mr dexta's sister did my hair and make-up? she's working her magic on me again for graduation on monday. i'm going to be goooooorrrrrgeous.

shoes:
in schuh they have this range of stuff, i can't remember what it's called but they're so quirky and shiny and colourful and sparkly and amaaaaaazing. if i can figure out how to walk in heels they will be MINE. at graduation only your shoes are visible, so they better be good.

To be sure, you're gorgeous anyway, but for serious, you were the biggest knockout in town on the night of my birthday. Holy shit, yiz all shoulda seen Dexta that night.

Super Dexta said:
all curly and wuvly.

Ah right. cool. So it's not curly normally? I gave up trying to bother thinking about the possibility of finding the time to go to the hairdressers so rooted out a scissors again the other day for a trim. I call it the clutch-and-snip. Woke up the next morning with one small bit spirally wildly out to the left but thankfully it was just the way I slept on it.

roxy said:
Ah right. cool. So it's not curly normally? I gave up trying to bother thinking about the possibility of finding the time to go to the hairdressers so rooted out a scissors again the other day for a trim. I call it the clutch-and-snip. Woke up the next morning with one small bit spirally wildly out to the left but thankfully it was just the way I slept on it.
usually it's kind of wavy. i looked like a pwetty pwincess.
d.i.y. haircuts are great. i haven't been to a hairdressers since i was 17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back