I know one of the Dublin South by-election candidates (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

sorry if i'm missing the joke buh

This website proposes a new system of representation in government where individuals use an internet based forum to debate all issues relating to their lives.

how does a website make a proposal?
why make a "new" form of representation where you automatically exclude large sections of society?

This website empowers you to take control of the issues that affect you.

and if it is the website that empowers you why would anyone vote for ross?

who is going to do all the hard work of actually making shit happen/work when everyone is yapping on a forum?

so does this dude have any policies of his own?

quote from website

Once elected, I, Ross O’Mullane will strictly follow the desire of the forum on this website.
I am running for a seat in Dail Eireann as an independent candidate in the by-election for Seamus Brennan’s seat in the constituency of Dublin South on June 5th 2009.
Your first preference is desired, but second or third will do too.
This campaign offers a true alternative to our current form of representative democracy. If you want change, please tell your friends and share the idea. Get them on the site. Show them how voting will make their lives better.

it seems that while he may have his own thoughts, his commitment would be to represent the majority view from his website

It seems he's trying to promote the idea rather than get himself elected.
It's commendable but where does it end, government by Sky text vote?
I know Ross too, not all that well tbh but he has ideas, ranging from hare-brained to sound, many of which he has pitched in some way or form on the website.

I reckon I'm going to give him my vote, for lack of anyone else i'd have any faith in and the even more trival reason that he revealed that Dublin County have a Sheriff.

Could anyone quickly explain how the transfers work?
In the likely event that he doesn't get elected does my vote transfer to my second preference?

i voted for a polish guy who i never heard of number 2 this morning because i said to myself "them poles need a voice"

and to prove i'm not racist. like when i tipped the chinese taxi driver the other day

Could anyone quickly explain how the transfers work?
In the likely event that he doesn't get elected does my vote transfer to my second preference?

Yes. And in the unlikely event that he is elected his surplus is divided by taking a sample of his votes and the surplus is given out in a ratio of his second preferences from that sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back