What "the kids" are listening to... (1 Viewer)

pissypants

On my daily tinkerings about Dublin city centre it hasn't escaped my attention that a lot of the local "kids" are listening to this crazy dance music with pitched up double-time vocals that sound like fucking Cascada on helium crossed with crazy frog.

What the fuck is going on? What is this shit? Am I old now?

crazy dance music with pitched up double-time vocals that sound like fucking Cascada on helium crossed with crazy frog.

what? like Battles?
or Dan Deacon?
or Animal Collective?

that's what the adults listen to!

Wait. News just in. The new pop genre can also be spelt 'NU-RAVE'.

New Rave (sometimes labelled New-Rave, Nu Rave, Neu- Rave or Nu-Rave), [1] is a label applied to a style of music fusing elements of electronic, New Wave music, disco music, Indie music and punk, which developed in the UK in 2006.[1] It has similarities with US-led style dance-punk. The Angular Recording Corporation, former record label of New-rave band Klaxons, were the first to coin the term,[2] although music publication NME is largely responsible for popularising the term throughout 2006 and 2007. The genre has connotations of being a 'new' version of 'rave' as well as being a corruption of the term 'new wave'.

Klaxons,[1][3][4] New Young Pony Club,[5][6][7][8] Hadouken!, and SHITDISCO[1] are generally accepted as the main exponents of the genre.

The aesthetics of the New Rave scene are largely similar to those of the original rave scene, being mostly centred around psychedelic visual effects. Glowsticks, neon and other lights are common, and followers of the scene often dress in extremely bright and fluorescent coloured clothing.[1][9]

From Wikipedia

fuxake, nu-rave is out!

The new contenders are dubstep (cos all the nu-rave bands like it), rockabilly (this lot ) and possibly math rock cos of stupid battles

edit: or, eh, whatever kind of music it is that operator please play

Rave was pretty shit the first time round...I liked a few tracks.

The thing I've noticed is how alot of the new metal bands that are big with the kids seem to be drawing from the dodgy iron maiden / judas priest end of metal & the the kids love it ....being a child of the grunge era these type of bands just seem ridiculous, beyond spinal tap ....but look at dragonforce, nightwish....I don't know maybe the kids are wrong....but who gives a shit

Rave was pretty shit the first time round...I liked a few tracks.

The thing I've noticed is how alot of the new metal bands that are big with the kids seem to be drawing from the dodgy iron maiden / judas priest end of metal & the the kids love it ....being a child of the grunge era these type of bands just seem ridiculous, beyond spinal tap ....but look at dragonforce, nightwish....I don't know maybe the kids are wrong....but who gives a shit

Dragonforce is nu rave.

i know exactly the type of music yr talking about. loads of teenagers on my bus listenin to it loudly on my phone. sounds like a girl singing speeded up to fuck. oddly enough i was only asking mr cpr yesterday if he had heard this type of music and he looked at me like i myself had consumed a rake load of drugs.

oh come on, someone must know what it is, i'm real curious now!

i'll give bebo a check

bah, all I could find was this

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny
Put Bunny on your bebo page
Help him on his way to world domination!
GO BUNNY

And while we're at it. Los Campesinos, one pretty decent song and everything else is a load of shite.

hmm, i've completely missed them, are they all 16 as well? Their 'influences' section reads like a who's who of indie according to pitchforkmedia

operator please are worth it for that
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
alone

I think a little bit of me turns dayglo every time i see it

i know exactly the type of music yr talking about. loads of teenagers on my bus listenin to it loudly on my phone. sounds like a girl singing speeded up to fuck. oddly enough i was only asking mr cpr yesterday if he had heard this type of music and he looked at me like i myself had consumed a rake load of drugs.

Thank fuck someone knows what I'm on about.
Yes, they're listening to it on the speakers of their mobile phones.
Or in internet cafes when their on their bebo pages or whateverthefuck.

gah!! What is it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back