You know you're getting old.... (14 Viewers)

Playing COD the other evening, on the Stash House map. Turned to herself and asked

“Do you like those fences? They could be nice”

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

TV, but it has a fault. 49" samsung smart tv with a patch that's dimmer than the rest of the screen. It's a known fault and there are videos online showing how to fix but it's too technical for me.

If I want to give something away I'll often advertise for a fiver or tenner and then give it for free to whomever offers to buy when they collect.

If they think they're buying it, they're likely to be doing so because they need it. People often just take free stuff cos it's free.

Or to resell. We gave away something recently and the bloke who collected it was all “oh yeah just what I need for my house yeah” as he put it into the van with a load of other stuff he’d obviously already picked up that day. Didn’t even bother to use a different account for reselling stuff.

We (and by we I mean my partner) have a tonne of anime series to get rid of. CeX will take nearly 3 boxes worth but that's all studio Ghibli type stuff. I'm looking out for a charity shop for the EU ones and hoping for a bulk buyer for the American region ones. And then there's the games too.
I don't give a shit if this specific game is worth €100 because the box is in mint condition and it's got the limited edition figure with it. If they'll give €10 I want it gone.

Actually if anyones got kids that are in to Manga and Anime then let me know their ages and I can see if there's any full series here they might not have already.

We (and by we I mean my partner) have a tonne of anime series to get rid of. CeX will take nearly 3 boxes worth but that's all studio Ghibli type stuff. I'm looking out for a charity shop for the EU ones and hoping for a bulk buyer for the American region ones. And then there's the games too.
I don't give a shit if this specific game is worth €100 because the box is in mint condition and it's got the limited edition figure with it. If they'll give €10 I want it gone.

Actually if anyones got kids that are in to Manga and Anime then let me know their ages and I can see if there's any full series here they might not have already.
Games?

Or to resell. We gave away something recently and the bloke who collected it was all “oh yeah just what I need for my house yeah” as he put it into the van with a load of other stuff he’d obviously already picked up that day. Didn’t even bother to use a different account for reselling stuff.
yeah, you get a lot of those.

i once gave away an old 25" sony trinitron, and the photos i used made it clear it was a CRT and i mentioned that in the text - 'this is not a flatscreen TV'.
the woman who came out to pick it up (she'd driven over 20km for it) was clearly annoyed with me and asked me 'how am i supposed to get this in my car?'
she didn't.

I just looked at ziffit there and if they cover postage then that's grand. He wants them to go "to good homes".
We've cleared out so very many Transformers and micros and other stuff that I have no clue what they're even called. This has just mademore room for Warhammer and LEGO. It's a never ending cycle but he loves it, so it's worth it. Just about.

yeah, you get a lot of those.

i once gave away an old 25" sony trinitron, and the photos i used made it clear it was a CRT and i mentioned that in the text - 'this is not a flatscreen TV'.
the woman who came out to pick it up (she'd driven over 20km for it) was clearly annoyed with me and asked me 'how am i supposed to get this in my car?'
she didn't.
Aren't they popular and stupidly expensive again?

retro gamers like playing on CRTs, i've learned. i sold a PS2 a couple of years ago, asked 20 quid for it, not realising that i probably could have asked close to €100. the guy who picked it up even offered me €40 for it, he couldn't believe his luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back