Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
my stomach has been glitchy for the last few years after a lifetime of it being bulletproof. but it's worse since the antibiotics i got at the start of long covid, was a misdiagnosed chest infection i was given them for.

Did a new yoga video last night.

I am fucked now still.

I feel great, ish, I think, all the same.

Pretty challenging, in that there was some stuff that I absolutely, 100% cannot do, yet.

I'm going to learn how to crow pose though, give it 5-10 minutes a few times a week, I think it'll be a fun little measure of progress. At the moment I can sort of get the positioning right and I think my body is properly engaging the right muscles, my writs probably need to strengthen a bit. But I can't bring myself to push forward off my feet so I can do the arm balance. More of a mental block really, I've always been a coward.

oh ok, What's VO2? I suppose it's like Blood Pressure or something in that if the machine says it's improving it can help you feel better. Whether you actually do or not. I'm ok with that.

I said something about VO2 max just being a number and not the feeling of being healthy. It was honestly a throwaway thing, not meant to be a challenge to his worldview!
Yeah but whether you meant it or not, I could almost hear your eyes rolling.

Anyway, fairplay DMP, but it's just not everyone's thing. Your relentless positivity makes some of us a bit defensive sometimes. If we could do it, we would do it.

oh ok, What's VO2? I suppose it's like Blood Pressure or something in that if the machine says it's improving it can help you feel better. Whether you actually do or not. I'm ok with that.
VO2 max - how quickly your body can take in and use oxygen. the fitter you get, the better the number gets.

Basically Deadmanposting is high on jogging drugs and has slipped into thinking everyone else is doing it wrong and while he might be aware of it, he's still a few weeks off understanding it.
Everyone's on their own trip
I've found the secret to my happiness
If everyone else is there also, that's fantastic for them
I just see a whole lot of whingeing for the most part and a resentment against living gratefully.
JUst a perspective. Maybe I'm the one wrong, like it's happened before, I'm sure.

Reading this thing last night on Dostoyevsky and it really resonated.

1713530097757.png

I just see a whole lot of whingeing for the most part and a resentment against living gratefully.
JUst a perspective. Maybe I'm the one wrong, like it's happened before, I'm sure.

View attachment 18565
He totally robbed that from Alan Moore

He totally robbed that from Alan Moore
Love you, man

It was nice to know that Victor Frankl used the same attitude to survive the Holocaust as I did when my bike was locked by someone else.
In a lot of ways I guess our struggles were similar

i don't see that; i don't expect to see the 'real' side of people on here; just what they choose to share on a mainly anonymous discussion forum. it's partly to let off steam or enjoy a dark sense of humour or whatever. in short, what people share on the internet is not a true reflection of who they are.
and it's also a very irish thing to not seem too boastful.

people come on to laugh about what's shit about life; but they're less likely to talk about the stuff about what keeps them going. maybe there's more commonality in our experiences of the shit stuff and less commonality about the good stuff, and you tend to talk about what you have in common.

View attachment 18565
So, your round then? Lager please.

I don't think anyone is whinging. Unless it's for comic effect. There's the occasional ill-advised rant (guilty). And sometimes people have the Major complaints, which are major, which serves to put everything else in perspective.

But none of us are walking around miserable I don't think.

This is the bit where you've slipped into thinking everyone else is doing it wrong. People are honest here, and shockingly being honest never going to be constant positivity, but it's a lot more value than sitting about telling each other we are all amazing all day while learning nothing. Nothing worse than being in a room with yes men/women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back