Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
Strange weekend. Took Friday off with the intention of resting, failed at that. Tried again on Saturday, pretty much failed again but a sore right hand in the morning became an unusable claw by 6 o'clock. Couldn't eat, or even hold a toothbrush with the hand. Went to bed and stayed there for almost 24 hrs (difficult). Pain in hand became pain in index finger which became pain in middle finger. Now gone. Meds related? MS related??

Strange weekend. Took Friday off with the intention of resting, failed at that. Tried again on Saturday, pretty much failed again but a sore right hand in the morning became an unusable claw by 6 o'clock. Couldn't eat, or even hold a toothbrush with the hand. Went to bed and stayed there for almost 24 hrs (difficult). Pain in hand became pain in index finger which became pain in middle finger. Now gone. Meds related? MS related??

I get something similar from time to time. Not MS, but a condition with similar symptoms but not as detrimental overall. Tingling, pins and needles, weakness, and sometimes I'll be holding something and my grasp just goes out of nowhere. Generally the more stressed I am the more it happens along with other pains and issues. Rest is always good but I would call your doctor. It could be side effects if you are on new meds. I keep a journal (it's an app) of all my issues so I have a record of it that I can track possible triggers. Maybe that would be beneficial to you too?

I get something similar from time to time. Not MS, but a condition with similar symptoms but not as detrimental overall. Tingling, pins and needles, weakness, and sometimes I'll be holding something and my grasp just goes out of nowhere. Generally the more stressed I am the more it happens along with other pains and issues. Rest is always good but I would call your doctor. It could be side effects if you are on new meds. I keep a journal (it's an app) of all my issues so I have a record of it that I can track possible triggers. Maybe that would be beneficial to you too?
yea I do that in my Notes app.

Garmin just bumped my V02 to 55
It's probably not correct, as it's just from a wearable, but it's headed in the right direction at least

Why dontcha actually get it measured?
I had an appointment to do that, but it clashed with a trip out of the country. Will probably reschedule when I can get a handle on my time.
Or free your mind entirely and just be well?
Mind is pretty free. These things resonate more when you go past 50. Don't obsess on it - you couldn't, it only changes once per year or so - but as an indicator of things moving the right direction, it's nice.
Like being able to take a flight of stairs handily. Just feels good, like a reward.

I suppose that’s the bit I don’t get. It’s a number as opposed to that feeling of being well. Like I don’t do a blood test to measure my CRP levels to feel any more disease free for example.

I dunno, it's like LDL levels or resting HR
They're not easy to feel but it's reassuring to know that you are improving the scores

It gives me some confidence about future race performance
And V02 is supposedly correlated strongly with longevity, and I am addicted to sunrises

... and if you're not then you can take action. It's like getting your cholesterol checked
I suppose. I don’t do that either. I guess it’s the idea that you don’t need a measurement to spur you into action. The behavioural changes @Deadmanposting already has made are the ones you’d do in response to the VO2 max reading being below what you want it to be - it seems redundant to me when you’re already clearly in great condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back